2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Just thought I'd get this started since I didn't see one

5. Chicago: Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, RW, Mora-Allsvenskan

Brandsegg-Nygard looks to be one of Norway’s brightest hockey prospects in recent memory. He had a great season playing junior and pro hockey in Sweden and helped lead Norway’s U20 team to promotion to the world juniors. He’s a good-sized winger who can skate, has very good individual skill and hockey sense, and a shot that is quite dangerous from the faceoff dots.

23. Chicago (via Tampa Bay Lightning): Anthony Cristoforo, RHD, Windsor-OHL

Cristoforo is a very talented defenseman who scored 40 points as a rookie in the OHL. He has excellent hands and vision to go with his strong skating ability. He makes a lot of plays and can do so with pace. The thing that will hold him back is his smaller frame and how well he’ll be able to defend in the NHL.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I don’t have any personal preference today, but:

Scenario 1: win the lottery and draft Celebrini
Scenario 2: win the lottery and draft Eiserman
Scenario 3: use the 1st round picks for the best Dmen available if they project as good as advertosed

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
This draft is stacked. I hope we get Demidov and 2 other 1st round picks. This is the type of draft class you want a bunch of 1st round picks in.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Eh.. not as stacked as this past draft. But the defensemen class certainly is way more better. The '24 draft is definitely the class the Hawks should go heavy on defenseman.
Better than the 2023 draft. 2023 draft was overrated. Really good top 13, but after that, it was below average.

2024 draft is a deep class

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Eh.. not as stacked as this past draft. But the defensemen class certainly is way more better. The '24 draft is definitely the class the Hawks should go heavy on defenseman.
....and to the Hawks benefit....RHD litter most rankings/mocks...like 6-7 in the first round and generally 3ish in the top 10 on most stuff you see. There is a full season yet to be played by all these prospects so guys will rise and fall still...but what a great year for the Hawks who have Rinzel (probably 3 years out at best) and literally nothing at RHD in the prospect pool. While Celebrini/Eiserman are probably hard to pass over if you get lotto luck....real nice having multiple RHD likely to be "best available" behind them if you don't get lucky and end up in the #3-7 range and if you happened into Celebrini/Eiserman you still have the Tampa 1st to address RHD.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
We are in need of some RHD. Make it happen KD.

Also, with a better free agent class and the cap going up GMs might be more willing to trade away a bad contract or two....hopefully. We also have only 5 current roster players signed through next year so lots of room o take those on as well as a FA or two.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Depending on how the board shakes out, I'd totally be okay if the Hawks took two RHD in the 1st. Besides Rinzel, there really isn't anyone else in the prospect pool that stands out. For example, if you could come out of day 1 with Levshunov and one of Yakemchuk, Mews, Parekh, Jiricek, or Cristoforo, you'd have to be ecstatic. Still plenty of time for guys to rise or fall, but I'm pretty excited for this class. I want to build a defensive core like Colorado and Carolina.

Infant of Spain

Tackling for Macklin
Jul 20, 2022
Something like Dickinson or Yakemchuk in the top 7 and Massé, Hage or Boisvert in pick 20 (Tampa) would be an ideal draft.
Hope Kyle form Chicago gets more draft capital too.

Reactions: Dominance

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
RHD ranking/mock spot from Wheeler (April) & Pronman (today)

Pronman:
Yakemchuk #6
Levshunov #7
Elick #9
Mews #15
Parekh #18
Emery #19
Cristoforo #23
Jirecek #24
Lavoie #26

Wheeler:
Levshunov #3
Mews #7
Parekh #10
Jircek #16
Cristoforo #21
Yakemchuk #22
Alphabetical others #25-64 included Badinka, Chromiak, Elick, Lavoie, & Soini

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Hey - let's not get ourselves confused here - the Hawks will get the 2nd overall pick in the 2024 draft and select Cole Eiserman. Period. End of discussion.

"Bedard passes to Eiserman for the goal" and "Eiserman passes to Bedard for the goal" will be said many many times over the next decade+.

KD will select some dynamic d-men after Eiserman is securely in the fold.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Next year is the year of the defenceman. Assuming our own pick turns into Bedard’s long-term running mate (Celebrini, Eiserman, or Demidov), our other first round pick(s) should be spent on the back end.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
4 1st round picks next year would be huge. 2 forwards and 2 RHD defensemen would be the perfect scenario

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Do we have our future 1D in the system in Korchinski? Or do we have yet to draft him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad