2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
In the 2021 Draft Yzerman packaged the No. 23 (from the Anthony Mantha trade with Washington), No. 48 (second round) and No. 138 (fifth round) to grab goalie Sebastian Cossa (15th OVERALL). So Davidson might be able to swing the #20 , #54 , #72 to move up about 6 to 8 spots possibly .

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’d do 20, 54, and 72 for 15 in a heartbeat. Quality over quantity every time.
Depends who is there at 15.

If the top 14 is:
Macklin Celebrini
Anton Silayev
Ivan Demidov
Sam Dickinson
Cayden Lindstrom
Artyom Levshunov
Zayne Parekh
Zeev Buium
Tij Iginla
Beckett Sennecke
Berkly Catton
Carter Yakemchuk
Cole Eiserman
Konsta Helenius
(in whatever order)

Who's left at 15? And is there much of a difference in who you get at 20?

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Would anyone trade 20 and 62 for Necas?

Also if they want to take a RHD after taking Demidov I'm fine moving down to 24 or so and taking Emery or Eilick there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Would anyone trade 20 and 62 for Necas?

Also if they want to take a RHD after taking Demidov I'm fine moving down to 24 or so and taking Emery or Eilick there.

Nope!

Seriously why this love affair with Necas?

Again, disappointed Canes and wants a massive Longterm deal. Whoever gives Necas the 8 x $8M+ deal he wants will regret it

Rather go after younger/cost-controlled guys like Farabee

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I know KD tried to trade up for Miller last but when was the last time the Hawks traded up in the first round? Nick Schmaltz?

I don't t expect the Hawks to trade up.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
#2 needs to be someone who is to be expected to be a member of the young CORE. It will be hard for them not to pick Demidov... the potential that Demidov and bedard could develop may be off the charts if both hit ceilings...

#20 and the next two picks folks are interested in packing to trade up, well it depends on what happens draft day. There will be some unpredictability, with the good amount of D prospects rated high there may be trades abound and who knows who falls to 20 or to say 13-15 for a trade up to snag a guy that may also be a potential member of the young CORE

Situational, I am good anyway. We hit on Vlassic which helps us alot here to be honest...gives us more flexibility IMO...

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I like Jiricek at 20. I know he had a tough year, especially with his injury, but I see a lot that says he’s a player one day.

In terms of moving up, I looked at everyone ahead of us and the draft picks that they have. There isn’t one team really that missing their second round pick, so I doubt anyone’s looking to trade down to try to acquire more players, especially from a supposedly weak draft.

The likely only way we can swing a move up is if a team hates everyone available to them at that time, which doesn’t seem likely to me. Chances are better a player we like falls badly like they do every year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So he's the new Khusnutdinov.
Artamonov is an elite playmaker. You should check him out.

He also plays on the same team as Silayev.

They'd be great picks at #2 and #20.

Don't have to worry about mismanagement or poor coaching either. Igor Larionov actually gives them minutes and cares about their development.

Their contracts both end in 2026 too. Can bring them over at the same time.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Now this kid screams Kyle Davidson type player. If they pick Levshunov at #2, I can see him trying to trade up from #20 to grab Brandsegg-Nygård.

He also screams Yzerman, so he's unlikely to get past 15.

No way San Jose trades down from 14.

So if you're making a play to move up to 13, MBN is no longer BPA. You'd have better options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad