2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It really doesn't matter who we pick, as long as we have Zuke here to mentor him he will always be top5 in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Ox

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Next 3: Sennecke, Helenius and MBN.
Personally, I don’t think it’s a good idea to take a dman with knee injury history. Isn’t that what happened to Cuma?

I’m not super thrilled with Helenius either.

I say we explore trading Gus, Heidt, 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, to see how far that can get us up the draft board.
I don’t think they will trade Heidt until he at least gets some games in the NHL.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I say we explore trading Gus, Heidt, 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, to see how far that can get us up the draft board.
To what end? That doesn’t get you first overall, and there isn’t even a consensus number 2, let alone top 10 that would make it a strong value proposition. Anywhere 2-15+ you are getting a high potential player with significant question marks this year.

Reactions: 57special

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Personally, I don’t think it’s a good idea to take a dman with knee injury history. Isn’t that what happened to Cuma?

I’m not super thrilled with Helenius either.

I don’t think they will trade Heidt until he at least gets some games in the NHL.
Totally get it. Just thought he’d be worth some value in this hypothetical.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
To what end? That doesn’t get you first overall, and there isn’t even a consensus number 2, let alone top 10 that would make it a strong value proposition. Anywhere 2-15+ you are getting a high potential player with significant question marks this year.
Gus has no future here. We can trade the picks; I’m just curious how far that would get us. I wouldn’t mind getting Buium/Dickinson if they’re on the board.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

pick value: 13ov + mid/late 2nd (Gus), late 2nd (Heidt*), and a mid 2nd (next year). Gus only adds value to a few teams ahead of MN that need a goalie with NJD being the only one that really needs a goalie unless they make other moves.

* He only has the value of the late 2nd where he was drafted last year. He had a nice D+1 season so he didn't lose value (like Stramel did), but without being in the NHL it's hard to raise the value much past that. He was at a 1.42 ppg in his draft year and teams passed on him them. Adding another .35 ppg (20p) in his D+1 year is about what's expected.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sennecke is tempting as hell. He is obviously a work in progress, but has great hands, and really good size once he fills out a bit. His skating is a bit clumsy, but again, i think that will be fixed with time, working on technique, and strength. Still isn't bad, though. He will need at least two years. One in the OHL, another in the AHL, before he is ready.

The hands and moves are all there. In some ways he play like a little, shifty guy, but he is at least 6'2" (looks taller than Ritchie, to me. Mckeen's has him at 6'3"), and will probably end up 6'4", as he appears to be less on the mature side physically. Apparently he has grown 5" in the past two years... that's a lot.

Lotta upside. Maybe a taller, less polished Boldy, with potentially better speed?

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm sure Eiserman would be a blast to watch, but I feel like we'd all be bitching about everything else he does that isn't scoring goals.

It's hard to get 'We need good centers' out of my head. Kind of been beat into my brain for...well, the teams inception.

So, I'm kind of hoping for Helenius or Catton somehow gets far down enough for them to snag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad