GDT: 2024 NHL ASG - 3PM ABC - Bratt's first ever All-Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Bratt O Bratt you didn't even get a point! My man....

Fueling that fire for the regular season restart....

That probably was the best representation of devils hockey the last few games..

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Or us folks coming close to 50.......:laugh:

I was 40 yesterday and 30 the day before. Sure feels like it sometimes.

I've never been in touch with modern pop music, no matter what era. It was almost always because of girlfriends of mine that I was even up to date on the current pop music.

My longtime ex used to leave MTV on all night and fall asleep with that on back in the early 00s when we were together and even the late 90s.

I remember all kinds of shit from back then, like the boy bands of the time. I think she was even a little too old for that stuff? They seemed more aimed at people in their early to mid teens and not late teens/early 20s like she was at the time.

I remember the thong song and shit like that. And Nelly driving around in a GTO in one of his videos.

I'm pretty sure I have missed now an entire decade of music in multiple genres, now that I hit my 40s. I see names and couldn't pinpoint a song to them.

The pop-iest stuff I listen to is imagine dragons. I probably would really have a tough time mapping a song to a new band or artist.

I may have heard the names, but chances I can map it are slim. I'm stuck in the era bygones mostly just right after college+6 or anything from earlier days within my lifespan.

I think that is a true proof when you are getting to old guy territory. You just don't care about newer pop music.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boone Jenner is an animal.
That name has always sounded like somebody from Duck Dynasty or something.:laugh:
Bratt O Bratt you didn't even get a point! My man....

Fueling that fire for the regular season restart....

That probably was the best representation of devils hockey the last few games..

IMG_1794.jpeg

Bratter just can’t solve Shesty. Same thing happened in the playoffs last year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
it's ok. we'll always have this.

the intro is amazing and it's that assbag troutbag

chico gets in the game at 23:23 with a hot mic going onto the ice...and why is he wearing #30?

so strange

Thanks for posting this!

Absolutely love the intro. And all the clips of the Meadowlands. Love the footage of the arena under construction and nothing but the steel frame and outline of the building going up. One of my first memories of the complex when riding past it as a kid was that steel and the building going up. I was probably too young to even really be able to remember that. I just remember the stadium and the racetrack being there already (both opened the year I was born, I wouldn’t remember them going up) and the arena under construction. I was taken to the racetrack as a pretty young child several times.

Not to mention how bare the complex was, with just the stadium, arena and racetrack. Now it’s a new, larger and uglier stadium, racetrack with a new grandstand (I think the original one was demolished not too many years ago) a huge mall complex and the arena is still there, but is so insignificant in size with everything built up around it. Although it was like that for most of my life. It was still a pretty minimal complex until around the mid to late 2000s.

I don’t even think the hotel or office building on the south side of the complex were there yet by 84. I think those came in the late 80s.

And that Oldsmobile commercial! I haven’t seen an Oldsmobile on the road since about 1984, short of some old Cutlasses that people collect. :laugh:

Even Trautwig looks really young and still has hair.

Definitely a huge blast from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad