NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Those are my top 3 needs for them. Maybe CB first with Sutton being released. They need some depth at Safety but probably wait until day 3. Still some decent free agent Safeties left too. Oh and draft a kicker late so we hopefully don't have to rely on Badgley again.

Alright, the annual Raiders first round pick selection.
Thankfully, it's ran by competent people this time around.

First one for Pierce/Telesco regime, here's hoping its a good one.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The day is finally here...long ass wait having a top 3 pick.

Assuming Williams and Daniels go 1/2, then I expect the Pats to take Maye. I'm not completely against MHJ, although I can't see them going that route. Also trading down isn't the worst case scenario. But only if they get any offer they can't refuse.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Alright, the annual Raiders first round pick selection.
Thankfully, it's ran by competent people this time around.

First one for Pierce/Telesco regime, here's hoping its a good one.

Maybe for old time's sake they will go out and draft whoever the fastest guy in the draft is with their 1st rounder. One more time for Al

Reactions: Tuggy
Sep 19, 2008
so much media speculation and hype over the last few weeks leading up to this draft

honestly i see it going stock from 1-5 and then someone might trade up for mccarthy

1 Williams
2 Daniels
3 Maye
4 MHJ
5 SD trades down, Minn? gets McCarthy

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
edit

so much media speculation and hype over the last few weeks leading up to this draft

honestly i see it going stock from 1-5 and then someone might trade up for mccarthy

1 Williams
2 Daniels
3 Maye
4 MHJ
5 SD trades down, Minn? gets McCarthy

If the 3 go at the top what would be the price for Giants to move into 4 and get a QB?

Arizona would get more assets and quarantee one of Harrison/Nabers

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Either someone heard something, or someone speculated and every other draft analyst jumped on the band wagon. In the last 24 hours, Latham goes to the Chargers at 5 in the following mock drafts:

And was also discussed at a target after a tradedown in the Bootleg YouTube channel mock draft.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Most of those final Mocks are pretty similar, everyone sticking pretty much to chalk, who will be the team this year that pulls off the pick that makes all the network guys gasp and say they had that guy going mid to late 2nd. Someone always seems to do it

And are we 100% certain Washington goes Daniels and not Maye? It seems that is what all the mocks are showing

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Most of those final Mocks are pretty similar, everyone sticking pretty much to chalk, who will be the team this year that pulls off the pick that makes all the network guys gasp and say they had that guy going mid to late 2nd. Someone always seems to do it

And are we 100% certain Washington goes Daniels and not Maye? It seems that is what all the mocks are showing
It is what all the mocks are showing, but the front office may think differently. The media "groupthink" is powerful and is mocking JD to DC, but for all we know the front office may have someone else in mind.

It's not a lock by any means

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Please give me JPJ to the Steelers so the main team board can eat shit and I love high quality centers.

And JJ McCarthy reminds me so much of Ken Dorsey when he was at Miami that I just do not see the hype with him.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Please give me JPJ to the Steelers so the main team board can eat shit and I love high quality centers.

And JJ McCarthy reminds me so much of Ken Dorsey when he was at Miami that I just do not see the hype with him.
I've heard teams have him flagged as an injury risk.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Reactions: Romang67

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
YES...So amped. It's finally here.

Hoping the Falcons trades back and still picks up one of the big-3 pass rushers.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Those are my top 3 needs for them. Maybe CB first with Sutton being released. They need some depth at Safety but probably wait until day 3. Still some decent free agent Safeties left too. Oh and draft a kicker late so we hopefully don't have to rely on Badgley again.

OL

Lions have needs like every other team. My point is that they are in the position where they don't need to reach for anyone. Which is also why rumors are floating that they may trade out of the first round altogether.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
OL

Lions have needs like every other team. My point is that they are in the position where they don't need to reach for anyone. Which is also why rumors are floating that they may trade out of the first round altogether.
I certainly wouldn't be upset if they go OL with one of the first 3 picks but I don't think it's a major need right now. They already have the best OL in the league but Ragnow's health is definitely concerning along with Glasgow and Zeitler being in their 30's. Probably wouldn't hurt to start developing guys behind them. I'm fine with just adding depth thru free agency this year and drafting a couple guys next year. They definitely are in a position where they don't need to reach and I won't be surprised if they do trade out of round 1. I do think CB is a major concern though and they need to draft one in the first or second round. Either that or sign Stephon Gilmore. I'm not comfortable at all with just Davis, Robertson and Moseley playing outside corner.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wooo, it's Fautanu time! I'd also be stoked with a DT pick like Byron Murphy, just use that first pick for the heavies, please.

Unless Seattle does what they often used to, and trade down to recoup their lost second rounder. Always a possibility.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
1714075141793.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad