2024 Men's World Championship Thread - Dahlin, Cozens, Byram, Power, Peterka, Olofsson

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like this is where we drop the Groundhog Day meme, but it's that time of year... again. Prague and Ostrava are splitting the hosting duties and the first game is May 10th.

It would stand to reason that a few of the Sabres will be going to Czechia, contract and health status willing. So we probably should have a thread to cover it when it finally happens.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
LOVE this. Guerin says if you want to be considered for the 2025 USA Four Nations Tournament and the 2026 Olympics, you better not blow off the World Championships this year if he calls you.

“I want to see commitment, and if a trip to the Caribbean is more important than the world championships, then you’re not really committed,” Guerin said. “Our player pool is pretty substantial now. I’m not going to say, black and white, ‘If you do this, then yes. If you do this, then no.’ But we’re trying to put the best team on the ice that we possibly can. But we also want guys that are committed.

“I get there are situations, like guys are getting married, guys are having babies, guys are injured. I get that. But if you’re not?”

MathiasWall

Mar 21, 2024
The 2024 Hockey World Championship promises plenty of exciting moments for fans. It will be interesting to follow the games of your favorite teams and worry about their every victory. This tournament will be full of emotions, incredible goals and tense moments on the ice.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
JJP went last year and it seemed to be very good for him that his development took off there.

I wonder if Kulich and/or Rosen will get the call. I don't think Kulich played last year but maybe he gets added this year. Would be nice to see Benson there too.

Reactions: Fearnot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
JJP went last year and it seemed to be very good for him that his development took off there.

I wonder if Kulich and/or Rosen will get the call. I don't think Kulich played last year but maybe he gets added this year. Would be nice to see Benson there too.

Rosen and Kulich were in the AHL playoffs.

Krebs, Quinn and Levi played for Canada last year with various results, even with their gold medal win. Tuch played with his brother on the US team and was okay.

If some of these guys are healthy enough, getting more game reps probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Quinn in particular after his off-season injury and lack of games could probably use some more icetime.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Kinda sad to say but for Sabres fans, the Worlds have become our annual playoffs............

The good thing about them is that we get to see how Sabre players perform under the guise of an actual high quality coach.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Fearnot and JLewyB

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York

Needs Cozens and all our underperforming millionaires to go there and round out their games.

Reactions: Willgamesh

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Needs Cozens and all our underperforming millionaires to go there and round out their games.
Cozens went in 21-22 to work on his shot then had his best season by far right after. Totally think as many of our players that get invited should definitely take the opportunity and go.
Enough beach time and cocktails.

Reactions: rams

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The 2024 Hockey World Championship promises plenty of exciting moments for fans. It will be interesting to follow the games of your favorite teams and worry about their every victory. This tournament will be full of emotions, incredible goals and tense moments on the ice.
The only positive person on this board is not a person. How depressing.

• Haha
Reactions: rams and Willgamesh

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Marjala on the early pre-tournament Finn roster, though I would expect he doesn't make the cut since no NA teams are done yet.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Unfortunate, I think that setting could help him sort some stuff out and keep him at his recent run of form

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad