Prospect Info: 2024 Memorial Cup (Beck): May 24-June 2nd | TSN, RDS, NHLN, TSN.ca, RDS.ca

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I saw him live earlier this season vs Niagara... his reads, routes, decision making are through the roof. sure he makes some errors but overall he is an incredible prospect the Habs would be smart to pick up. I have a feeling he may go top 5..

Edit:: i met him after the game, i had gone to actually watch Misa (i used to coach him hes good friends with my son) but when Parekh shook my hand and started talking, the kid ooozes smarts. In his eyes, his confidence, etc.... he's not your typical 17yo phenom, he's got the maturity of a 30yo, you watch after the team interviews hes gonna go high.
That's awesome!! I've heard Parekh's a great kid and comes from a great family. I also think he's going to rise. One of the best offensive seasons by a dman in modern day OHL history.

Reactions: 1909 and themilosh

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
According to big brother Arber- Florian has always played center. They played him at wing in his first OHL season.
I'd love a big hard center bringing 10g/20pts for the 4th line... gawd that would be so good...

Reactions: Tyson

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
He's only played two OHL seasons. Why not send him back for a 3rd like we did with Arber and let him bulk up a bit?

6'4 190 is still a beanpole and if he has to answer the bell against AHL goons it might not end well.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
He's only played two OHL seasons. Why not send him back for a 3rd like we did with Arber and let him bulk up a bit?

6'4 190 is still a beanpole and if he has to answer the bell against AHL goons it might not end well.

I'm 50/50 on AHL or OHL. He could keep developping his offense in the OHL but maybe it won't be enough of a challenge for him.

As for goons, Habs just need to stop galaxy braining it and get a real goon for the AHL. We didn't want Arber fighting plugs, even less interested in seeing Florian do that "as his designated job".

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Not against him going back to junior. But part of me also feels like him going back as an overager might not challenge him enough.

Reactions: NewDef

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs prospect in playoff action today:

- Mesar @ 7PM ET. Game 6 vs. Erie as Kitchener has a chance to win the series tonight.
Mesar with 8 pts (1G, 7A) in 5 GP

If Kitchener wins, they will face London in the second round.

All of the 2nd round series are set. The only 1st round series left is the Kitchener/Erie series.

Beck and Saginaw will face the Soo Greyhounds in the 2nd round, set to start on Thursday.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It hasn't been easy for Mesar given that his two wingers are extremely skilled shooters but neither has any interest in the dirty work, so he has had to be the puck recoverer and distributor. In that context, I think he has played quite well. He still has his turnovers, but his battle level is higher right now.
Water bug type that has competitiveness to retrieve puck is an interesting mix. Not a fan of the pick based on his lack of OHL production but a good playoffs could mean a lot.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs prospects in action today:

- Beck @ 7PM ET. Game 1 of their second round series vs. Soo Greyhounds.
Beck with 7 pts (2G, 5A) in 4 GP

- Mesar @ 7PM ET. Game 1 of their second round series vs. London Knights.
Mesar with 10 pts (1G, 9A) in 6 GP
The Soo will be a really good test for Saginaw even though they stomped them the last game of the season.
The Greyhounds held their team banquet the night before that game and we all know the team curfew was totally respected right? :skeptic:

Kitchener are in tough real tough.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
The Soo will be a really good test for Saginaw even though they stomped them the last game of the season.
The Greyhounds held their team banquet the night before that game and we all know the team curfew was totally respected right? :skeptic:

Kitchener are in tough real tough.

With dis guy on their team, everything is possible

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 2.47.23 PM.png

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Not against him going back to junior. But part of me also feels like him going back as an overager might not challenge him enough.
He hasn't dominated junior hockey. No where close. In my mind he needs to dominate next year in the OHL. That is the challenge.

I would rather he dominate in the OHL getting 1st line minutes in an offensive capacity at C than merely hold his own in a 3rd line / 4th capacity in the AHL.

Nick Suzuki dominated the OHL as an 18 year old and then was returned to the OHL to do it again. And look how that turned out!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He hasn't dominated junior hockey. No where close. In my mind he needs to dominate next year in the OHL. That is the challenge.

I would rather he dominate in the OHL getting 1st line minutes in an offensive capacity at C than merely hold his own in a 3rd line / 4th capacity in the AHL.

Nick Suzuki dominated the OHL as an 18 year old and then was returned to the OHL to do it again. And look how that turned out!

He will be pro next year. They wouldn't sign him if the plan was for him to go back to junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad