2024-25 RFA UFA speculation/armchair GMing

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
This is what I would try n do for RFAs (being reasonably realistic):

Sieder for 8 years x larkins aav OR worst case same % of cap larkin signed for (a shade under 9mil)

Raymond 6-8 years x 7 mil (doubt he'd go for that), so realistically 3 years x 6-6.5 mil

Kane 1 or 2 years x 7mil (roughly)

Ghost walk (make room for edvinsson)

1 or 2 of perron/fischer/sprong BUT not all 3 making room for some younger blood on forward

veleno and berggren on 1 years deals for 1-1.5mil aav

would also be open to reimer for another year at same aav 1.5, 3 goalies has came in handy n might be future of NHL

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I have a feeling raymond will get 4 years , yzerman wont want a scenario where he has to resign both seider and raymond till they're 38 years old

Raymond x4 then x8 next deal . Seider gets 8 now and kane will get 2 years and then see how things go from there + danielson kasper mazur etc... will be ready and land might drop to the 3rd

After seeing Rasmussen get that contract and veleno having similar stats theres no way he takes 1-1.5 . Hes getting dealt in the off season

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
This is what I would try n do for RFAs (being reasonably realistic):

Sieder for 8 years x larkins aav OR worst case same % of cap larkin signed for (a shade under 9mil)

Raymond 6-8 years x 7 mil (doubt he'd go for that), so realistically 3 years x 6-6.5 mil

Kane 1 or 2 years x 7mil (roughly)

Ghost walk (make room for edvinsson)

1 or 2 of perron/fischer/sprong BUT not all 3 making room for some younger blood on forward

veleno and berggren on 1 years deals for 1-1.5mil aav

would also be open to reimer for another year at same aav 1.5, 3 goalies has came in handy n might be future of NHL
i would sell seider and raymond on matching 8 years deals just a shade under the captain (8.5). both contracts become a steal before the ink drys

agree with santos, prefer kane on a longer deal for less aav

agree on ghost

my heart says fischer and sprong, but my head says perron and fischer

if veleno keeps his play up i think he gets the same deal as rasmussen. i think berggren gets dealt at the deadline as i just don't see a spot opening up for him the way we are playing right now

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Rasmussen is much more valuable imo, IF RAS is 3.2 mil for 4 years then veleno would be 2.5 mil on 4 years max IMO

Love Joe V., shows flashed of greatness but needs to be more consistent

EDIT: also in joe v. goes on a heater for the rest of the year, then ya he deserves more than 2.5 x 4yrs or 1.5 X 1 year

Reactions: RRhoads

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Rasmussen is much more valuable imo, IF RAS is 3.2 mil for 4 years then velelo would be 2.5 mil on 4 years max IMO
Yeah, I agree with this. Have to keep in mind how important Ras is on the PK.

They might have similar stats, but they are two very different players.

2,5 for 4 years of Veleno is a good deal. He's a very versatile player.

Reactions: Ulysses31

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
That would take him straight to UFA
My bad thought was one more year ... I guess 3?? I can't see him resigning both seider and raymond to 8 year deals after till they're both 38 years of age

+ we have edvinsson kasper danielson etc... that might emerge as big time guys and need big bucks

Maybe he'll just sign both x 8 and worry about it when the time comes

Rasmussen is much more valuable imo, IF RAS is 3.2 mil for 4 years then veleno would be 2.5 mil on 4 years max IMO

Love Joe V., shows flashed of greatness but needs to be more consistent

EDIT: also in joe v. goes on a heater for the rest of the year, then ya he deserves more than 2.5 x 4yrs or 1.5 X 1 year
Dont disagree but he'll want a similar Rasmussen deal and even at 2.5 I think prices him out . We cant have 2 guys (veleno and sprong if hes back) making 5-6 on the 4th line and that doesn't even include the 12 and 13th forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00