Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v7 | Sat, Jul 29 | vs LAA | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Detmers vs Manoah

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
That makes no sense. Putting KK on as the runner was the right call and they were never going to pinch hit for Springer no matter what kind of slump he is in. Biggio should have been sat down for Belt to hit. That was the mistake this inning.
No Schneider is an awful manager. Yes you pinch run for Vladdy but you do it when he’s on first not when he goes to 2nd. Pulled Vladdy there but not the guy in a brutal slump. It was the wrong decision or timing. But yes if you’re adamant on not pinch hitting for George you do for Biggio but didn’t do that either. Just poor management again. I would have 100% ph for Springer being that ice cold.
We are lucky the Angels were brutal all weekend with risp.

Springer has absolutely tattooed 3 balls today with unfortunately nothing to show for it. 100% right call to let him bat.
I’m sure they hoped he’d get one there to get his confidence back and that strike 3 was a brutal call but I’d still pull him.

Reactions: trellaine201

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
No Schneider is an awful manager. Yes you pinch run for Vladdy but you do it when he’s on first not when he goes to 2nd. Pulled Vladdy there but not the guy in a brutal slump. It was the wrong decision or timing. But yes if you’re adamant on not pinch hitting for George you do for Biggio but didn’t do that either. Just poor management again. I would have 100% ph for Springer being that ice cold.
We are lucky the Angels were brutal all weekend with risp.

I’m sure they hoped he’d get one there to get his confidence back and that strike 3 was a brutal call but I’d still pull him.
No manager in baseball pinch hits for Springer in that situation.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't quite understand why not use Belt for Biggio? I mean, the result might have been the same but at least you put the better hitter up there. Is he nursing something that we don't know about? Strange decision, imo. Although, yea, Belt has definitely struggled against high velo.

Reactions: Puckstuff

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Phil Nevin losing his mind. For all the stupid ejections we see, how did he not get ejected there? Then he tried to get at the ump after the game. Yikes.

Also, the announcers going on and on about the bad call on the third strike there, going as far as to say it was "a couple balls outside" even though Gameday shows it being maybe a quarter inch off the plate and the fact that they watched the overhead camera view that showed it actually caught plenty of the plate...
If you are unfamiliar with closecall sports it's a really good follow to learn the actual rules instead of homerism from players managers and broadcasters

Reactions: Discoverer

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
If you are unfamiliar with closecall sports it's a really good follow to learn the actual rules instead of homerism from players managers and broadcasters

Nice, that's really well done and I hadn't heard of it. The part that really got me (and it's in one of the clips on that video) is the announcers watching the overhead replay where you see that the ball went over the plate and saying "Yeah, you can see it was off the plate there." I just don't get it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Nice, that's really well done and I hadn't heard of it. The part that really got me (and it's in one of the clips on that video) is the announcers watching the overhead replay where you see that the ball went over the plate and saying "Yeah, you can see it was off the plate there." I just don't get it.
It's just further 'conditioning' of humans to never trust anything they see for themselves, just blindly believe what you are told.

Been going on for many years now everywhere.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It's just further 'conditioning' of humans to never trust anything they see for themselves, just blindly believe what you are told.

Been going on for many years now everywhere.
Seems a little more conspiratorial that what I was going for... I figure he wasn't paying attention to the replay or had a bias or something.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Seems a little more conspiratorial that what I was going for... I figure he wasn't paying attention to the replay or had a bias or something.
In all sports it's occuring.

I mean the Apple TV announcer basically flat out lied, and if he actually couldn't see that crossed the plate on several replays.....what is he doing being a broadcaster if he can't see? lol

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Sucks they blew this one and didnt complete a sweep. Horrible RISP result again.

Good they got Jordan Hicks, finally some power in the bullpen. But yeah, they need an impact every day bat.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Time to move Springer further down the lineup till he figures it out. Yeah, he hit the ball harder, but it's still an out. He's coming up in key situations with runners on base and not producing. Not saying he's crap or anything, and he will eventually figure it out, but moving down to batting fifth hasn't been the remedy. Worked for Varsho today hitting ninth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad