Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #88: RW Vadim Moroz

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
He was one of the overagers (he’s 19) Pronman ranked. Bill must have seen him play in Belarus when he was scouting Simashev. Played in the K and MHL last year in Dinamo Minsk system. He’s Belarusian and has been compared to Yegor Sharangovich, who was just traded to the Flames.

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Not an Arizona fan, but I've watched a ton of KHL games following 2 Belarusians this year. I posted this in the Vadim Moroz thread...

I had the misfortune of watching a bunch of Minsk games this year following Vadim Moroz. It was a tough watch if anyone got the chance. His usage was brutal. 11 minutes a game. It'd be one thing if he played for a good team and they didn't have room for him. Minsk sucked and they strangely choose not to play him. Not an isolated incident either. Another overage Belarusian I've followed this year is Alex Suvorov. Played for Minsk last year also, they played him less than 7 minutes a game. They chose to loan him out instead of playing him this year and was one of the best young forwards in the entire league. I believe he got injured toward the end of the season which effected his play but until that point the 20 year old Suvorov actually lead u23 KHL forwards in production for the majority of the year, even ahead of high profile prospects like Khusnutdinov. This is a Moroz thread so I'll stop there, just wanted to give some context to how a guy who played almost no role for Minsk could go to a different team and be one of the best young forwards in the league. From the little glimpses of ice time you could actually get to watch him he's big, he skates well, poised with the puck, good hands, good vision. Actually surprised me a few times coming back hard in his own zone. Take this as me just blowing smoke but this kids draft year was last season. Hell, I don't care what round it is, if you drafted a kid and his next season as a 19 year old he's producing in the KHL with no minutes it's impressive. I'd love to snag both Moroz and Suvorov this coming draft..

There's a ton of movement for Minsk this off-season. The coach is gone, a ton of their players are gone. As it sits it looks like Alexander Suvorov will be back from his loan from Severstal. There should be plenty of opportunity for Moroz to grab more minutes. It was a tragedy the usage he received last year. He often looked to be one of the more talented players on the team. I didn't like some of Arizonas picks but I think this pick could be a real gem.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Overager guy but he had some great stats and was one of the more impressive statlines in the KHL this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He was one of the overagers (he’s 19) Pronman ranked. Bill must have seen him play in Belarus when he was scouting Simashev. Played in the K and MHL last year in Dinamo Minsk system. He’s Belarusian and has been compared to Yegor Sharangovich, who was just traded to the Flames.

Sharangovich seems apt, given the scouting reports I saw on the broadcast.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I forgot we had this guy in the stable.
1G 1A in his first two games of the season.

I hope he comes over sooner than But and Fedotov ie, next summer.

I like Matikka a lot but Moroz is clearly further along.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad