2023-24 Utica Comets and ECHL thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No Adirondack doesn't exist for Utica lol no way. We are definitely in the chain so to speak, but in no was does Adirondack "serve" Utica. Adirondack like most ECHL clubs are locally owned and can control their own destiny. Adirondack and ECHL clubs appreciate the role they play in the development of players but the AHL is systems development while the ECHL is more individual player development. Adirondack is not owned by NJ like the Comets are, Utica has absolutely no say or no control. Adirondack is killing Utica in attendance and fan suppprt as well. If someone said Adirondack could keep the Thunder as an ECHL team or become the Devils owned AHL club I would say Adirondack Thunder ECHL team any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Devils don't care about Utica, or it's fans. Adirondack home grown local ownership, they care about success and the fan support shows.
I don't think it's fair to say that the Devils don't care about Utica. I think NJ could do a better job helping Utica succeed, but Tom Fitzgerald's kid and Dan MacKinnon's kid both play with Utica. Hard to say Tom and Dan have no interest in what their kids are doing. I'm also not sure that it's fair to say Adirondack has no role in the system. Players do move back and forth between Utica and Adirondack and the move to Utica from Adirondack is considered a step up. Beyond that, Utica fans existed before NJ became the parent organization and they will exist if NJ spun off into another AHL affiliation. I doubt there are too many Utica fans who only exist secondary to the affiliation with NJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad