Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
This Draisaitl talk is so silly to me, it’s like one little snippet in a conversation “oh he may want to go there because Germany” and now it’s in multiple outlets. I get that it’s a slow news week but…
"I want to go live in a specific place and play for a specific team because the specific billionaire who owns said team happens to be my countryman" is not something anyone anywhere has ever said.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Allegedly the Hurricanes are likely moving on from both Necas and Pesce. I’ll take both, thank you.
I don't expect Necas to come cheap in terms of assets so I'm not getting my hopes up there. If Pesce is willing to sign at a reasonable term then I'd be okay with that as long as we move out other RHD's in the process. I don't see Pesce accepting a four year deal though. He should be seeing if he can land a 7 year deal.

Reactions: themelkman

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Allegedly the Hurricanes are likely moving on from both Necas and Pesce. I’ll take both, thank you.
I like both players a lot. They also fill two major needs for the Sharks. But as PF said, Pesce is going to get term. And as Jux said, Necas is going to cost a lot to acquire.

Peace is going to get paid by one of Buffalo, Ottawa, Utah, and possibly Toronto.

Necas is an ideal fit for a team like Chicago, Utah, Nashville, Seattle, and possibly Long Island.

They would ramp up the timeline but it’s only worth considering if both Macklin and Will are signing, while having clarity on the Logan situation.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Well, he’s 25, I think he’s young enough to be part of the timeline. But, the cost is, yeah, likely not worth it.
There had been rumors last season that the Canes had interest in Mario. Who knows if they’re accurate, but it seems like they’re going to need some dmen with Pesce leaving and potentially Skjei, Chatfield and that little freak Tony D.

I know they’ll get better offers for Necas but I’d still offer up a package of Mario, one of Benning or Burroughs, and Addison’s RFA rights to see what happens.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I reiterate my 14 + 42 + Ferraro + Halttunen + Cagnoni for Necas + Drury proposal or @Stewie Griffin ’s amended version which was 14 + Ferraro + one of Bystedt, Halttunen or Edstrom for Necas.

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
North Brunswick, NJ
"I want to go live in a specific place and play for a specific team because the specific billionaire who owns said team happens to be my countryman" is not something anyone anywhere has ever said.

I am always amused by stuff like this, in every league really. When its free agency time, fans always come up with the weirdest reasons in their head why some player will want to join their team. "I heard this player likes Pho and we have a bunch of Vietnamese restaurants in our suburbs, so surely he is signing here!!!"

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
This Draisaitl talk is so silly to me, it’s like one little snippet in a conversation “oh he may want to go there because Germany” and now it’s in multiple outlets. I get that it’s a slow news week but…
I say we keep talking about it. Let's collectively as HFSharks will it into happening.

Let the Celebrini luck keep rolling.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I say we keep talking about it. Let's collectively as HFSharks will it into happening.

Let the Celebrini luck keep rolling.
Personally, I’m gonna assume that both Draisaitl and McDavid are signing with us in free agency until proven otherwise.

You don’t need defense if your forward group looks like this:

Eklund-McDavid-Draisaitl
Musty-Celebrini-MBN
Bystedt-Smith-Zetterlund
Kunin-Sturm-Edstrom

:naughty:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Personally, I’m gonna assume that both Draisaitl and McDavid are signing with us in free agency until proven otherwise.

You don’t need defense if your forward group looks like this:

Eklund-McDavid-Draisaitl
Musty-Celebrini-MBN
Bystedt-Smith-Zetterlund
Kunin-Sturm-Edstrom

:naughty:
Well duh... McDavid loves Draisaitl, so if Draisaitl signs, McDavid will too. Are we on the right track? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I am always amused by stuff like this, in every league really. When its free agency time, fans always come up with the weirdest reasons in their head why some player will want to join their team. "I heard this player likes Pho and we have a bunch of Vietnamese restaurants in our suburbs, so surely he is signing here!!!"
Well tbh ave you ever tried to get some decent bun bo hue in Raleigh it's almost impossible

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Well tbh ave you ever tried to get some decent bun bo hue in Raleigh it's almost impossible

When Jay Woodcroft was promoted by the Oilers from Bakersfield to head coach he lamented that he missed tacos in Bakersfield and that the taquerias in Edmonton didn't compare.

This post might be more appropriate in the Sharks head coach thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad