2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Need a coach who brings out Marner’s best, not tries to turn him into Marchand. Which is what this org would do.

Even if they waited until he was a FA, the return on the asset investment will likely not live up to the contract.

Seems likely that what’s being built here is something similar to that of the Wild. Kaprizov, and a bunch of generally meh around him.

Giroux was a dominant player in his younger years, is it realistic to even expect that from Matvei?

Will they be able to find the “new” versions of Couturier, Jake, and Ghost?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Need a coach who brings out Marner’s best, not tries to turn him into Marchand. Which is what this org would do.

Even if they waited until he was a FA, the return on the asset investment will likely not live up to the contract.

Seems likely that what’s being built here is something similar to that of the Wild. Kaprizov, and a bunch of generally meh around him.

Giroux was a dominant player in his younger years, is it realistic to even expect that from Matvei?

Will they be able to find the “new” versions of Couturier, Jake, and Ghost?
they can't find their way out of a wet paper bag

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Marner is 27. He's someone you only consider bringing in when you're on the verge of contending and missing that final piece, not when you're building towards it.

By the team we're contending, he'll be a 30+ year old 2nd line winger while being the highest paid player on the team.
I’m a Marner fan but full agree here. Same reason I don’t want them giving TK a bag if Michkov doesn’t come over this summer

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Theres going to be interest in guys like Laughton, Hathaway, Risto, and Seeler this summer from teams like Toronto who think they need to build a more "playoff" type teams. This would be a great oppurtunity for Danny to start winning many of us over my showing hes willing to go against the flyers norm of valuing replacable guys like these over the important assets they can return.

Those assets, plus what TK could return, they could position themselves to go after a Marner, Zegras, or Brady Tkachuk if theyre indeed available.

• Haha
Reactions: SnS and trostol

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
So thoughts on this Maxim Tsyplakov guy? I havent really read the flyers attached to him which seems odd bc hes the kinda swing they probably should he taking.

Plus hes Russian and red is the new orange.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What is everyone's thoughts on bringing back Gurianov? Low-risk move. IIRC he's pretty fast and I think he's shown some flashes at time during his career. Maybe he finds his game here and sticks or plays well enough to be traded? Worst case scenario he is on a short, low AAV contract as an extra forward or gets sent to AHL.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
What is everyone's thoughts on bringing back Gurianov? Low-risk move. IIRC he's pretty fast and I think he's shown some flashes at time during his career. Maybe he finds his game here and sticks or plays well enough to be traded? Worst case scenario he is on a short, low AAV contract as an extra forward or gets sent to AHL.
didnt he already go back to russia to play?

Reactions: BillDineen

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

COC said:
So will there be another round of eye-catching subtractions from the roster this summer, like last year when all of Ivan Provorov, Kevin Hayes, and Tony DeAngelo were jettisoned. Nah — both Briere and Tortorella now love the locker room culture, unlike in 2023. Marc Staal and Denis Gurianov likely won’t be back, Briere confirmed, but beyond that? Briere didn’t even fully close the door on a Cam Atkinson return.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad