2023-24 Rockford Icehogs season

Azilis

Jan 20, 2013
Rochelle, IL
4-1 now midway through the 3rd. I was at game 1 on Saturday, and by midway through the 2nd, the Icehogs were getting pretty severely outplayed. The comeback by GR in the 3rd was not at all surprising.

This game looks to be going significantly better, at least based on the stats.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8355.jpeg

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I would say he got an "A" on that test.
Stopped 27 of 28 shots on net.

Throughout the season the Hogs have alternated Commesso and Stauber. Considering Stauber let in two questionable goals in game #1, Commesso should have the net until further notice.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
hogs lose 4-3 in overtime must win Sunday

G) Pitlcik, Sanford, cates

A) Sanford Phillips, Pitlick, Roos, Gust, Seney

Hogs are lucky to be in the game after the first

Griffins controlled the game. Hogs get two late in the third to tie it up

Last edited:

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
hogs tied 3-3 going overtime

G) Pitlcik, Sanford, cates

A) Sanford Phillips, Pitlick, Roos, Gust, Seney

Hogs are lucky to be in the game after the first

Griffins controlled the game. Hogs get two late in the third to tie it up
Bummer lost in O/T ,,,Get um Sunday

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Put Dach and Reichel on the side of a milk carton. The next two Hawks up are missing. *

*this post brought to you only through box score watching.

Azilis

Jan 20, 2013
Rochelle, IL
I was at the game again today, and there seemed to be a lapse in focus after Reichel's first goal. GR scored 12 seconds later, and then again a minute later. The 2nd period was the bad one today with the hogs just getting nothing going. The shots were pretty lopsided that period in favor of GR.

Rockford went all out in the 3rd and really were pretty unfortunate not to get the tying goal. A number of good chances and pretty constant pressure on the GR net, but it just wasn't to be. Refs missed what looked to me to be a pretty clear high-sticking penalty with somewhere around 3 minutes to go in the game. Could have been a good opportunity for a 6-on-4 PP.

Reichel's goals were really nice finishes, the 2nd one on a great pass from Kaiser. I would have liked to see 1 or 2 of the GR goals saved by Commesso. Watching the highlights, they were all perfectly placed, but I think you want at least the 2nd one saved.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad