GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Come on, if you're Matthews you have to play. But I would go to Coach and tell him to put him on the 3rd or 4th line though. Reduce ice time.
Having him on the power play would probably be the real benefit. I doubt you're going to get more than a couple opportunities in Boston in a Game 7, so if Matthews could help you get one there, and then you keep playing the way you have been 5-on-5, that could be the recipe for a 2/3-1 win.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Having him on the power play would probably be the real benefit. I doubt you're going to get more than a couple opportunities in Boston in a Game 7, so if Matthews could help you get one there, and then you keep playing the way you have been 5-on-5, that could be the recipe for a 2/3-1 win.

Yup, main benefit is the powerplay. But also having him not on the first line and on other lines forces Boston to gameplan for Matthews and it could open up Nylander a little more on the second line. If Boston only has to gameplan for Nylander in Game 7, it'll be easier for them.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
If you're Mathews I don't know how you play game 7. If you lose the fans are going to be livid.
Yeah, but he's boned either way. They win without him, it's "what do we need this guy for?" They win with him, "it's about time he showed up." They lose either way, it's his fault. Tronna, man. Not even once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad