Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Toffoli

• John Marino

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
With them being officially eliminated, thought I'd do NJD next.

As usual, let me know if I left out anyone deserving to be an option.

The main candidates imo..

Jack Hughes
- tied for the team lead in goals
-2nd in points on the team.
- leads the team in PPG by a significant margin. A 98 point pace when the next best is an 82 point pace
-13th best PPG leaguewide
- leads all forwards in ice time, nearly 2 minutes more than the next highest.

Nico Hischier
- tied for the team lead in goals
- 3rd in points and PPG
- leads the team in EV goals
- was a selke finalist last year, so is presumably still the best defensive forward on the team?

Jesper Bratt
- leads the team in points and has the 2nd highest PPG
-2nd in goals and EV Goals
- leads the team in even strength points
-20th most even strength points leaguewide.

Luke Hughes
- is 5th in team scoring and highest producing defenseman on the team, 20 more than 2nd best
- averages the most ice time of all skaters

HM to Simon Nemec, who leads the team in blocked shots despite playing 15+ fewer games than most of the roster.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Nico's my pick. Consistently great all year, his line worked every night and gave the team something to work with to try and get a win. Bratt was also consistently great, but Nico did more imo.

Frustrating season for Jack Hughes but he's so good he remained dangerous even with the injury and is worthy of consideration. No one else should be considered imo, Marino being up there is laughable.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Between Hischier and Bratt, went for Bratt as he has played the full season but that's really all that separates him.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I haven't followed the team closely. I remember Hughes was on a tear early. Sucks that he got hurt and the team went nowhere afterward. I want to see him take that next step and join that Matthews/MacKinnon group (that may be a tough ask, though).

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Nico's my pick. Consistently great all year, his line worked every night and gave the team something to work with to try and get a win. Bratt was also consistently great, but Nico did more imo.

Frustrating season for Jack Hughes but he's so good he remained dangerous even with the injury and is worthy of consideration. No one else should be considered imo, Marino being up there is laughable.
Not that I thought he was a serious candidate considering everyone else, but I just added him cause he's presumably the other 1D on the team based on him being the 2nd highest producing dman, ATOI and GP. Don't really know anything about his game, I didn't realize he was offensively bad though, damn. I remember him being fairly hyped in his rookie season too

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Not that I thought he was a serious candidate considering everyone else, but I just added him cause he's presumably the other 1D on the team based on him being the 2nd highest producing dman, ATOI and GP. Don't really know anything about his game, I didn't realize he was offensively bad though, damn. I remember him being fairly hyped in his rookie season too
Yeah didn't mean to criticize you, thanks for making this poll. Just pointing out how terrible his year was. The two best dmen this year were the rookies, another reason why NJ is missing the playoffs, the vet dmen were terrible or injured and the rookies were (amazing but still) rookies.

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad