Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Dostal

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Radko Gudas

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Cut down the number of poll options in half this time around, let me know if I ommitted anyone that deserves to be an option.

I think this one will be a bit more close than the previous team polls, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut MVP on the team from an outside perspective(maybe ducks fans think differently). Here are the main candidates just looking at the surface level stats.

Frank Vatrano
- shockingly, the current leading point producer and goal scorer. Has 11 more goals than the next highest player on the team

Troy Terry
- 2nd leading goalscorer and point producer on the team. Is only 3 points behind Vatrano in 6 less games. So he may end up taking the lead by the end of the season.

Cam Fowler
- averages the most time on ice of any skater, 5 minutes more than the next skater and is also the highest scoring defenseman on the team.

Adam Henrique
- though no longer on the club, he is still 3rd in goals and points on the team. Scored goals at a higher rate than everyone but Vatrano. From watching him in the early 2010s, he was a very solid two way player, and that still seems to be true given he's the only forward with a positive +/- rating. Nearly everyone else with the same amount of games has a negative +/- in the double digits.

Pavel Mintyukov.
- only based on what I've read but Ducks fans seem pretty high on him. Is the 2nd highest scoring defenseman on the team as a 20 year old and producing at a nearly identical pace to Fowler (missed games)

Radko Gudas
- seems to be doing well for himself which is nice to see as a Panthers fan. 60 games played with the highest +/- rating on a team, a +12, only player in the double digits. Also leads the team in hits and blocks.

Mason McTavish
- continues to progress, just 2 points shy of his career high in 17 less games played. Currently at 40 points in 63 games.

Lukas Dostal and John Gibson
- while their stats are unimpressive, it's hard to completely blame them when the team is 31st in PK% and 30th in GA.

And ofc, HM to Leo Carlsson. Probably the highest upside of anyone on the team. 24 points in 48 games while not otherwordly, is a solid rookie season on a bad team.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s been an extremely disappointing season for Ducks fans, worse than last year. Literally everyone has regressed except for Vatrano and even he has gone ice cold. The rookies like Carlsson and Mintyukov started off the season looking great, then hit a rookie wall very hard, and it’s just horrible now.

Reactions: Felidae

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It’s been an extremely disappointing season for Ducks fans, worse than last year. Literally everyone has regressed except for Vatrano and even he has gone ice cold. The rookies like Carlsson and Mintyukov started off the season looking great, then hit a rookie wall very hard, and it’s just horrible now.
So, not Ryan Strome then?

I voted for Cam Folwer because I owe him a good deed.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Gudas almost deserves to be an option, +12 in that pile of garbage. Voted for Henrique even though he's gone.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So, not Ryan Strome then?

I voted for Cam Folwer because I owe him a good deed.
After all these years, he's in a state where I'd agree with your perception of him.

Anyway. Overall is give it to Vatrano on the back of a 30 goal campaign, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I'll take your word for it since you watch the Ducks. But statistically, McTavish has already surpassed his career high in goals and is about to do so with points in 13 fewer games. Has he looked bad?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'll take your word for it since you watch the Ducks. But statistically, McTavish has already surpassed his career high in goals and is about to do so with points in 13 fewer games. Has he looked bad?
He looked great at start of season but over the last half really bad….

Carlsson Mintyukov look fine just look like 1st year players on a bad team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly the real mvp in Anaheim is the masochist hfboards ducks sub forum, for continuing to have relatively active game day threads.

Reactions: lwvs84

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
frank the tank

200w.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad