Prospect Info: 2023 223rd Overall - Kalle Kangas

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
This 100% sound like a made up comedy name (at least to us Scandinavians). That's all I got. Except that not being able to put up points even in juniors is never a good sign even if you wanna make it as a stay at home bottom D.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This 100% sound like a made up comedy name (at least to us Scandinavians). That's all I got. Except that not being able to put up points even in juniors is never a good sign even if you wanna make it as a stay at home bottom D.

I don't see what's so made-up about Narrow Path Fabric.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So guess the biggest take away from today is that our new Regime only trusted our Finish scout? :D
If I recall correctly, the team's Finnish scout was hired back when Patrik Allvin was still in charge of our European scouting. So, well before Hextall came along.
Kind of makes you wonder how much Dubas really trusted Hextall's scouts... :laugh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If I recall correctly, the team's Finnish scout was hired back when Patrik Allvin was still in charge of our European scouting. So, well before Hextall came along.
Kind of makes you wonder how much Dubas really trusted Hextall's scouts... :laugh:

I don't Hextall really added many draft scouts. Two pro scouts, one amateur free agent scout (Mangene), but I think the only amateur scouts he added was Khavanov in Russa - who was obviously listened to - and Kriss Wendell-Pohl who's Minnesota area.

A lot of the scouts date back to Rutherford and Allvin or before. Let's go dig since EliteProspects makes this easy now...

Brian Fitzgerald - 2006
Luc Gauthier - 2009
Jay Heinbuck - 2006
Jamie Huffman - 2017
Dan McLean - 2018
Krissy Wendell-Pohl - 2021
Warren Young - 2012
Alexander Khavanov - 2021
Petri Pakaslahti - 2015
Tommy Westlund - 2011
Lukas Havlicek - 2022

GMs come and go, and some scouts just become part of the furniture...

Reactions: Freeptop

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
God, this is a toss up. In any other year, Kangas would EASILY be the annual winner of the best name in our draft award (just go along with it being annual...or an award). But with Ye. Be Illin drafted as well, you can't go wrong with either.

For sure, both are lottery picks in this year's draft.
Our scouts deserve raises for such a performance

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
God, this is a toss up. In any other year, Kangas would EASILY be the annual winner of the best name in our draft award (just go along with it being annual...or an award). But with Ye. Be Illin drafted as well, you can't go wrong with either.

For sure, both are lottery picks in this year's draft.
Our scouts deserve raises for such a performance

I dunno, we didn't get any of their top 20 here, I'm not happy

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You had to take him with that name.

I think it's a pretty good pick for where they were on the name board but like @Peat said they really left some outstanding options on the table in earlier rounds. You can't be too mad because with some creativity from the fanbase you can develop some nicknames to up his stock. But as of now I'd really only be comfortable rating it like a C+

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I dunno, we didn't get any of their top 20 here, I'm not happy

Hugo Hell IS pretty damn good. Buuuttttt since he wasn't drafted, he is ineligible.

This guy's wishlist was no match for our scouts dominance today. Some true unearthed gems!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad