Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018

Ranked #96 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING

Ranked #100 by FCHOCKEY

Ranked #93 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS

Ranked #114 by DAILY FACEOFF

Ranked #100 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY

Ranked #62 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON

Ranked #33 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)

Ranked #84 by HPR/SHANE MALLOY

Ranked #69 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

Ranked #96 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
My ESPN is slower than you. Kudos.

Well this looks like a potential steal (aka 99% to do nothing but cause broken dreams).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really don't get how this guy wasn't a 3rd or 4th rounder. From the broadcast, he's an ultra fast skill guy who plays a fearless style. He put up 19 points in 21 games in the Finnish U-20 league and 7 points in 19 in the Mestis (Finland's AHL equivalent I believe). He even got into 15 games in the Liiga as an 18 year old.

He was consistently ranked in the early 3rd to early 4th round in the pre-draft rankings. Really bizarre to get him this low. If they would have taken him in the 5th round, I would have still been amazingly happy with it.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
SCOUTING REPORT
Brother of Ottawa's Roby, Emil is a still a bit undersized, but had a big role in this his second Hlinka-Gretky Cup,never shy of playing hard in traffic or paying the price to make plays. His strong effort was on display as he scored two goals and three points and did an excellent job as a forechecker with a strong physical compete level. At this point, he seems equally balanced as a scorer and generator, and displays nice hand-eye co-ordination with his tip-ins and deflections in the offense end. Instinctive and dangerous in the attack zone, he is shift in battle zones and creative with his playmaking skills, generating lots of looks.
--Bill Płaczek--

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't get how this guy wasn't a 3rd or 4th rounder. From the broadcast, he's an ultra fast skill guy who plays a fearless style. He put up 19 points in 21 games in the Finnish U-20 league and 7 points in 19 in the Mestis (Finland's AHL equivalent I believe). He even got into 15 games in the Liiga as an 18 year old.

He was consistently ranked in the early 3rd to early 4th round in the pre-draft rankings. Really bizarre to get him this low. If they would have taken him in the 5th round, I would have still been amazingly happy with it.
Yeah our last 2 picks seem to have been rated higher than our 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks. Just the way it goes I guess.

Rompane

Jan 16, 2021
Yeah this was definetly steal. No one was suggesting that he will go past round 4. He played over ppg in WJC-18 earlier. He comes from very talented hockey family. Watch him leave a mark in finnish league next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad