Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 05.07.2024)

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, and that's just not true. Grubbe had every intention to sign and if Drury had offered him an ELC earlier in the year, he would have gladly signed it.
Maybe. Hey can SAY he would have signed, but we don’t know that. Easy to say anything he wants now that it’s done. But it’s DEFINITELY true that he was offered a contract that ultimately he chose not to sign. Late, early, in between, he was offered a contract, he said no. They can say “would’ve could’ve” but who knows?

Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Maybe. Hey can SAY he would have signed, but we don’t know that. Easy to say anything he wants now that it’s done. But it’s DEFINITELY true that he was offered a contract that ultimately he chose not to sign. Late, early, in between, he was offered a contract, he said no. They can say “would’ve could’ve” but who knows?

I do.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Drury has fired just about everyone else he inherited. If Ciaccio was a problem, he would have been whacked a long time ago.

I’m pretty certain Grubbe didn’t ask for a trade @Amazing Kreiderman

drury has whacked just about everyone...but it's too early to say whether or not that resulted in upgrades around the org or not. to date, i haven't seen any great signs but nothing terrible either. optically it has a vibe of surrounding himself with yes men which is never good, but optics don't always tell the story. hopefully, they don't with him.

as far as ciaccio, him being kept around only indicates he's a non-issue for drury. not saying he is or isn't a problem, just that his being retained isn't necessarily indicative of it either. he might be good at his job, but it's also possible drury is negligent in his assessments. personally, i've been pretty underwhelmed with our skill development, but i'm also of the opinion nhl teams generally have little to do with individual development anyway. besides just experience, the work players put in during the offseason is what's reflected in almost all visible improvements. you don't improve individual skills during the season, you do it in the summer when you can spend hundreds of hours working on the ice and in the gym. tbh i'm not even sure what the point of a skills coach is...would rather have a dedicated skating guru that played a significant role in offseason planning. having a coach to do drills that involve dangling tripods and saucing passes over a stick doesn't strike me as terribly important.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You know what they said. Bottom line is in the end he refused a contract offer from us.

That's a very simplified version of the sequence of events, but sure.

After my first wife told me she wanted a divorce, we broke up, she dated someone else and we went through all the paperwork. But 3 months later she changed her mind. I followed through with the divorce. Was the divorce my fault?

Last edited:
Reactions: bhamill

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
latest twist on the NCAA eligibility merry-go-round,
if Kjellberg stays at NMU not just this season, but also next season('24-25)
he'd be teammates, not only with his freshman younger brother, but also a freshman, NYR newest SwedeD, Larsson
(if that's how it happens, Kjellberg finally turning pro at 25 ...)

Reactions: ArPanet

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
latest twist on the NCAA eligibility merry-go-round,
if Kjellberg stays at NMU not just this season, but also next season('24-25)
he'd be teammates, not only with his freshman younger brother, but also a freshman, NYR newest SwedeD, Larsson
(if that's how it happens, Kjellberg finally turning pro at 25 ...)

classic elc to aarp life plan

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Scott Walker The Athletic - Rangers - Losers

New York Rangers

Gabriel Perreault could become one of the home runs of the first round if his strength piece comes along. He has high, high-end talent and offensive IQ.

The Rangers’ Day 2 underwhelmed me, though. They didn’t have a second- or fourth-round pick, so their assets were limited in that regard, but I don’t see NHL upside in fifth-round Swedish defenceman Rasmus Larsson, 6-foot-7 Generals forward Dylan Roobroeck or 6-foot-5 forward Ty Henricks.

Third-rounder Drew Fortescue was an honourable mention for me. His game is unspectacular but effective. If he makes it, it’ll be as a third-pairing guy after a full four years at Boston College (where both he and Perreault are headed).

I thought about making them overtime losers here, but I think the win on Perreault could be significant.”

Reactions: RangersFan1994

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Scott Walker The Athletic - Rangers - Losers

New York Rangers

Gabriel Perreault could become one of the home runs of the first round if his strength piece comes along. He has high, high-end talent and offensive IQ.

The Rangers’ Day 2 underwhelmed me, though. They didn’t have a second- or fourth-round pick, so their assets were limited in that regard, but I don’t see NHL upside in fifth-round Swedish defenceman Rasmus Larsson, 6-foot-7 Generals forward Dylan Roobroeck or 6-foot-5 forward Ty Henricks.

Third-rounder Drew Fortescue was an honourable mention for me. His game is unspectacular but effective. If he makes it, it’ll be as a third-pairing guy after a full four years at Boston College (where both he and Perreault are headed).

I thought about making them overtime losers here, but I think the win on Perreault could be significant.”
He has us in "Overtime Winners."

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
He had a really good season. And he handles the puck pretty well, too. I like him as a prospect.
I feel like he is an underrated prospect. People prefer the offensive upside of say a Zac Jones but Emberson could honestly be the more impactful player.

Reactions: nyr2k2

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m certainly not married to the skills coach, but I think everyone is talking out of their ass about him. I haven’t heard a single concrete thing he has done wrong or badly. I get the take of “I don’t see the results” and that is fine, let’s try someone else, but to say he’s THE problem just seems like scapegoating without any real facts to back it up.
I heard… this guy tells the players to only skate sideways, to use the boards for stopping and starting, and to hold their sticks upside down. He’s a real JERK!

Reactions: Barnaby and bhamill

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
emberson is one of the more underrated D prospects i've watched. where does he rank for you guys on a top 10 list?
He was ranked 15th on our list in Jan.

He’s definitely underrated here as most of haven't watched him much or hear much about him. We are doing another prospect list soon, he’ll probably raise to around 10 if i had to guess.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He was ranked 15th on our list in Jan.

He’s definitely underrated here as most of haven't watched him much or hear much about him. We are doing another prospect list soon, he’ll probably raise to around 10 if i had to guess.

Could he make his NHL debut this year if injuries happen and or someone needs a rest? Does he have NHL potential? I see Dan Girardi upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad