Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.29.2024)

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Why do I feel like, with most of these things, if Guhle were a Rangers' prospect/young player and Kakko/Othmann were with Montreal, that we'd be seeing trades suggestions of Guhle for Kakko/Othmann because Guhle "gets caved in/is meh" and Kakko/Othmann "still have potential" and RW is a need for the Rangers...
Maybe you’re projecting. I don’t think Guhle is meh. I’d love to get him. And I even suggested overpaying (IMO) for Guhle. The fact is I’m a fan of all three of these players. IMO Kakko is the best of the three, and Guhle is second. Leaving Othmann for third. I don’t see how that’s just unreasonable homerism.

Montreal's pick right now is 5th OA...
Good point. Still don’t know that I’d do the trade though… I’m a bit less opposed.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Maybe you’re projecting. I don’t think Guhle is meh. I’d love to get him. And I even suggested overpaying (IMO) for Guhle. The fact is I’m a fan of all three of these players. IMO Kakko is the best of the three, and Guhle is second. Leaving Othmann for third. I don’t see how that’s just unreasonable homerism.

Good point. Still don’t know that I’d do the trade though… I’m a bit less opposed.
Nah, not projecting, just stating the obvious of many undervaluing what they have in house (because of familiarity/ability to pick apart deficiencies.) and overvaluing others that aren't under the same microscope. Note, and I should have said this in my original post, but I don't think you fall under that umbrella. Your posts are well reasoned, and I was riffing off you essentially saying Kakko for Guhle +small add is more in-line with actual value than Kakko+Othmann for Guhle which is where I'm referencing for my og point.

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Nah, not projecting, just stating the obvious of many undervaluing what they have in house (because of familiarity/ability to pick apart deficiencies.) and overvaluing others that aren't under the same microscope. Note, and I should have said this in my original post, but I don't think you fall under that umbrella. Your posts are well reasoned, and I was riffing off you essentially saying Kakko for Guhle +small add is more in-line with actual value than Kakko+Othmann for Guhle which is where I'm referencing for my og point.
Fair enough, bud.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Oshawa got crushed in game 6, 8-1. No points for Roobroeck.

After winning the first 3 games of the series, they have lost the last 3. They lost game 4 in OT and game 5 in double OT.

Game 7 is tomorrow night in Oshawa. The winner of the Oshawa/North Bay series will play London for the OHL championship and a spot in the Memorial Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad