NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - The Atlantic Division Crown runs through Florida

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wow, the crowd in Dallas was electric. Ryan Callahan explained the "Otter" masks, but how about the guy outside the Vegas penalty box with a dog mask?

The Stars' whole game day presentation is top notch. From the opening and player introductions, to the music, including the best goal song in the NHL, to the dance team - which PK Subban clearly is a fan of. ;)

The analytics guys want us to dismiss the eyeball test; but some of the other series look to be on another level compared to Boston/Toronto. Perhaps both the Bs and Leafs are playing scared, since whoever loses will be labeled chokers.

Ultimately lack of discipline cost Vegas. Pietrangelo took an unnecessary roughing penalty - perhaps retaliatory - and Jason Robertson netted the GWG on the PP.

Even the Panthers steered clear of a lot of their post-whistle shenanigans. Scarily, they look even tougher to beat without them.

I posted my first round predictions several pages back, and may actually go 8-for-8. But let's hope not - I picked Toronto in 7!

Hey you can have 7 out of 8, that will do! If I were to get my crystal ball out, I'd be tipping an Avs-Oilers WCF and Florida (unfortunately) and whoever wins Canes/Rags in the east. Dallas and Vegas are both very good teams but I think a fresher Colorado will pick either of them off.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
If not the Bruins, my next preference is Dallas, who I loosely follow since they are closest geographically.

Some years I nail it, others I'm not even close. But here goes:

Dallas in 7
Edmonton in 6
Vancouver in 6
Colorado in 7

NYR in 5
Carolina in 5
Toronto in 7
Florida in 7

Almost picked Nashville, but I feel somehow Vancouver finds their midseason form.
Ok, here were my predictions from page 3, @Aussie Bruin . So far I only got the number of games right on Carolina; but still could for Vancouver, Dallas, and Toronto.

The only concern for Colorado is goaltending, though Georgiev seemed to get it together after a rough first game. And hey, if they can win a Cup with Keumper, they can win with Georgiev.

I don't know what to make of Carolina/NYR. Both have few if any holes, though it feels as if Carolina has been knocking on the door for years without getting in.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Ok, here were my predictions from page 3, @Aussie Bruin . So far I only got the number of games right on Carolina; but still could for Vancouver, Dallas, and Toronto.

The only concern for Colorado is goaltending, though Georgiev seemed to get it together after a rough first game. And hey, if they can win a Cup with Keumper, they can win with Georgiev.

I don't know what to make of Carolina/NYR. Both have few if any holes, though it feels as if Carolina has been knocking on the door for years without getting in.

Good picks.

Yeah Colorado broke the mould 2 years ago in winning a Cup with so-so defense and really ordinary goaltending. With their hunger fully restored and their offense as potent as ever, I see no reason why they can't do it again.

Canes/Rangers I don't really have a feel for either. The Rangers have the slight edge 6-4 over their last 10 games, and they scraped a 4-3 win in their series 2 years ago. They're probably the slightly more talented team, but Carolina are a little more consistent and gritty. Coin toss.

Just watching some of the Stars game and saw that dog mask guy. Really, really weird.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad