Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals begin June 6th at TD Garden - CELTICS vs Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I have thrown my jabs at Mazzulla's coaching and his game strategies. But the more I understand his thinking the more I r realize he is a different breed but doing a good job. Good maybe be understated. The players like him and his methods. I must say I should and will get on board with those that think highly of him. I wanted to do this before the banner because I didn't want people to think I was influenced by the banner. Yes, I am being optimistic about the Celtics winning #18.

Way to go Joe Mazzulla.

Go Celtics

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Now I’m hoping the Knicks squeak one out in game 7, I think the Cavs are better than this version of the Knicks that has been ground into dust

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Now I’m hoping the Knicks squeak one out in game 7, I think the Cavs are better than this version of the Knicks that has been ground into dust
I wouldn’t mind a good Boston-NY matchup. Has that nostalgic feel to it

Reactions: CDJ

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
looks like whomever wins between MIN/DEN is going to become the defacto 1 seed in that conference as OKC is eliminated by DAL (REMEMBER the three way Dead Heat at the start of the playoffs)

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
OKC had one hell of a run. I knew when I saw Tony Brothers as the ref that the league wanted the Mavs and the Kyrie redemption bs over a young team doing the impossible. Looking forward to getting to a few OKC games this season especially when the Celtics come to town.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I can't believe this Pacers team made the ECF.
Not that the Celtics were going to lose to the Heat or Cavs but the Pacers have had even more luck with opponents injuries than them. Giannis missed all 6 games, Lillard missed 2 games. Anunoby missed 4 games, Robinson missed 6 games, Randle and Bogdanovic missed all 7 games.

It's not the most balanced team but how many regular season games is a Lillard, Bogdanovic, Anunoby, Giannis and Randle starting 5 with Robinson coming off the bench winning you? That's not even mentioning guys like Brunson and Hart playing through injuries. The Pacers will inevitably win a game like they did today where they shoot lights out but they should be getting packed up in 5 games like the other two series.

Reactions: EverettMike

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
If we play the type of D we are capable of we should sweep the Pacers.

I doubt we will though, so it'll probably go five, and every game will be closer than it should be.

Reactions: EverettMike

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
All the people bitching about the Mazz offense and the lack of movement should watch the Denver game. I’ve seen nothing but 5 out or 4 out with a screen at the top….then action off that….which is exactly what the Celtics run. I started counting in 2q and So far tonight, I’ve counted 3 “plays” that Denver have run…and they’ve all been turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad