Pre-Game Talk: 2022 Winter Olympics

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Looks like Noora Raty got flunked in the final selections, to cap the long-ongoing drama between her and the team brass, and she won't be a goalie for the Women's Olympic hockey team for Finland.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Looks like Noora Raty got flunked in the final selections, to cap the long-ongoing drama between her and the team brass, and she won't be a goalie for the Women's Olympic hockey team for Finland.
Oof. Seriously, she dragged them to a medal last time around. Even if not the starter, that's a level of talent you want to at least have on the bench.

But I don't know anything about the drama- is there a TLDR?

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Finland women's team selections with Raty out confirmed.

Coach Mustonen's reasonings haven't been received well. Apparenty Raty is a stay-at-home backup for the starter role, but not an in-team backup. :laugh: Yeah I don't get it either.

Superb job in raising the profile of Women's hockey, though. No one's interested of the Men's team.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
But I don't know anything about the drama- is there a TLDR?
Coach Mustonen's ego couldn't take Raty missing out the already-once-postponed Women's World Championship tourney due to employment/earning reasons and he has been giving back in the Olympic team choices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad