World Cup: 2022 PROPOSAL

Herb Brooksie

Nov 20, 2021
If no olympics we should do a World Cup with 4 teams in Buffalo and 4 in Toronto - Question would be where would the U23 play - I say let them play in Canada.

1) U23 Young Stars Team (First dibs from Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland)
2) Canada
3) USA
4) Russia
5) Sweden
6) Finland
7) Team Europe (Anybody but Rus, Swe, Fin)
8) Team North America (Players not selected to Canada for USA)

This tournament would truly get all of the best players in the world into a tournament where anyone truly could win…

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
With the current border restrictions, Buffalo might have trouble drawing at the traditional rate they do for international tournaments.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Again with those gimmick teams... If you want to watch international hockey, you should take them out. If you want to watch a high level hockey, just watch NHL.

The NHL has a huge break in their schedule if they don't go to the Olympics and are in desperate need of revenues

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
f*** that, no gimmick teams. Either you go with Czech and Slovakia/Germany/Switzerland or you don’t go at all. No one wants to play a ”best of” team, its a thing that sounds fun in theory but just suck when carried out.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It seems that for some people, one absolutely embarrassing tournament with variously pasted selections was not enough and it is necessary to repeat this mess:help::confused:

Reactions: Jon Riley and EK47

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
If no olympics we should do a World Cup with 4 teams in Buffalo and 4 in Toronto - Question would be where would the U23 play - I say let them play in Canada.

1) U23 Young Stars Team (First dibs from Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland)
2) Canada
3) USA
4) Russia
5) Sweden
6) Finland
7) Team Europe (Anybody but Rus, Swe, Fin)
8) Team North America (Players not selected to Canada for USA)

This tournament would truly get all of the best players in the world into a tournament where anyone truly could win…
Oh no! Not gimmick teams! Please with "normal" NT-Teams. My proposal: CAN, US, RUS, SWE, FIN, CZE, SUI, + SVK or GER.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad