Prospect Info: 2022 1st Round Pick

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I figured we could take a small break and discuss who we could potentially take with our 1st round pick, which will be between 29 and 32. Who do you have eyes on and who do you want the team to take?

A couple of guys on my radar are Jani Nyman and Ivan Miroshnichenko. Ivan, for obvious reasons dealing with his illness, might fall all the way down. Nyman is ranked anywhere from early 2nd to mid 3rd but is a big kid who can skate well.

One trade I would look at is with Montreal. Since they're hosting, potentially giving them a 3rd 1st round pick in exchange for their 2 2nd's (including ours) would be well worth it. Basically it'd be the 29th-32nd pick for the 33rd and 62nd-65th pick.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Will it be that low? I for some reason thought that only the cup finalists have the last 2 picks?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Will it be that low? I for some reason thought that only the cup finalists have the last 2 picks?
Nah I believe it's tiered all the way down. So it's the cup winner getting 32nd, then the cup loser, then the conference finals losers, then the divisional losers and then the 1st round losers. The standings only enter into it for ranking the teams within the tiers

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Someone will fall to us.

This website 2022 NHL Mock Draft | 2022 NHL Draft | NHL Draft has us taking Howard which would be a pretty nice add. I dont think he will be available but its possible that he drops because he isnt as flashy as some of the other prospects.

I think hes flying under the radar a bit because Nazar is the playmaker but he goes to the right spots in the offensive zone, doesnt give up on plays and makes no mistake getting the puck off his stick in a hurry. Hard to explain but its almost the opposite of Olausson last year who took his time, picked his spots and had a heavy shot.

Also Miroshnichenko scares me. I guess you check with his doctors and make the call from there but it's too risky for me.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
I figured we could take a small break and discuss who we could potentially take with our 1st round pick, which will be between 29 and 32. Who do you have eyes on and who do you want the team to take?

A couple of guys on my radar are Jani Nyman and Ivan Miroshnichenko. Ivan, for obvious reasons dealing with his illness, might fall all the way down. Nyman is ranked anywhere from early 2nd to mid 3rd but is a big kid who can skate well.

One trade I would look at is with Montreal. Since they're hosting, potentially giving them a 3rd 1st round pick in exchange for their 2 2nd's (including ours) would be well worth it. Basically it'd be the 29th-32nd pick for the 33rd and 62nd-65th pick.
Ivan Miroshnichenko no way I do not want Russians here

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad