Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So you would do 1st +drysdale or Zegras.....dont tell Tomd...

I wouldn't be completely against that (assuming Eichel is 100% healthy)...but it would hurt a lot.
i would do 1st+zegras preferably, as long as the ducks put eichel through a hundred physicals to make sure he's healthy

when's the last time the ducks had a star of eichel's caliber? getzlaf in his prime? this franchise needs a player like that badly

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Celebrating:
  1. Eichel
  2. Beniers
  3. Eklund
  4. Power

Content:
  1. Edvinsson
  2. Hughes
  3. Guenther
  4. Clarke

Meh:
  1. McTavish
  2. Johnson
Listed in order

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaakou

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Moving Drysdale and the 3rd overall means no Elite OFD potential whatsoever for this team and back to square 1 with Lindholm and Fowler as the teams best D for the next decade.
Moving Zegras + the 1st means a repeat of the years the Ducks had a 1C but no true 2C

All this is true, and that's that gives me pause. Although, finding a franchise centerman may be the most challenging thing to do.

If and I mean a big If, we had to trade zegras/dysdale I think I would likely only do it if we could keep our first and give up a second + prospect.

If we trade Zegras, draft Eklund, if we trade Drysdale, draft hughes or clarke.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
All this is true, and that's that gives me pause. Although, finding a franchise centerman may be the most challenging thing to do.

If and I mean a big If, we had to trade zegras/dysdale I think I would likely only do it if we could keep our first and give up a second + prospect.

Yeah they would have to keep the 1st if they move Drysdale or Zegras.

Zegras should eventually be 65 to 75 points a year, Eklund should eventually be like 65 points a year, combine them and that is a bit more points on the scoreboard than Eichel.
65 + 65. Buffalo would win the trade. Being a NY boy perhaps Zegras would sign a team friendly contract with Buffalo.

If they move Drysdale, draft Hughes. If they move Zegras, draft Eklund/Beniers/etc

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

I think the biggest draw back is that both Zegras and Drysdale are ready now while who ever we draft is probably a couple years out. That's a couple years of Eichel without support.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I think the biggest draw back is that both Zegras and Drysdale are ready now while who ever we draft is probably a couple years out. That's a couple years of Eichel without support.

agreed, that is the biggest issue. But, if it’s the difference between getting a franchise player or not, you would have to think long and hard about that.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Celebrating:
1. Eklund
2. Hughes
3. Beniers
4. Power

Content:
5. Clarke
6. Guenther
7. Edvinsson

Questioning:
8. Johnson
9. McTavish

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Celebrating:
Beniers
Eklund
Powers

Content:
Hughes
Guenther

Okay:
McTavish
Edvinsson
Johnson

Skeptical/Really Do not want:
Lucius - a biggggggg reach
Clarke - got a bad feeling about him.
Sillinger - big reach

Hell No:
Wallstedt
Cossa

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
I’d take Sjoholm just for the entertainment of hearing Ehlers repeat the funny Swedish pronunciation of his name every time

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Interview with Edvinsson at about 7:00 minutes and 9:40 he gets asked about which teams he has been talking with, mentions ANA along with a few others as one he has been speaking to more than others, not necessarily a big indicator but does show that he is on their radar

He mentions teams at around 11:20 tho.

Reactions: Swedenheim

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
agreed, that is the biggest issue. But, if it’s the difference between getting a franchise player or not, you would have to think long and hard about that.

We're not getting a healthy franchise player and we don't know what we'll be getting if he goes through with the procedure.

What we do know is that both Zegras and Drysdale are NHL products today. Zegras >>> any forward we draft. Drysdale > any defenseman we draft because Drysdale is in the NHL today! Also, Zegras is a franchise player.

There's just too much uncertainty with Eichel that I'd rather just stay put than to force a trade. Sometimes the best trades are the ones that don't happen. Let's flashback to Perry for the Oilers' Mike Comrie:

[Mike Comrie] He totalled 61 goals and 133 points in 192 over that time, but contract issues led to his eventual demise. He held out in a contract dispute and the Oilers reportedly had a deal in place to trade Comrie to the Anaheim Ducks for Corey Perry and a 1st, but in order for it to happen Comrie was to reimburse the Oilers $2.5-million as part of the bonus money he earned in his entry level deal.

The deal fell through, and days later the Oilers shipped him to the Flyers for Jeff Woywitka, a first round pick in 2004 used to take Rob Schremp, and a 3rd round pick in 2005 used to take Danny Syvert.

Then GM Bryan Murray was trying to make a big splash as well in 2003. I'm glad the Oil screwed that trade deal.

Maybe it's best to keep Zegras, Drysdale, and the 3rd OA than to gut a significant part of the top-end future. We all want to get better faster, but not at the expense of amputating an arm and a leg to there if we can handle being patient. Again, there's far too much uncertainty with Eichel to include a Zegras or Drysdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad