Racing: 2021 MotoGP season

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Lots of interesting stuff has happened this season in MotoGP, so I figured to try and see if HF has other posters that watch the series.

- Rossi has announced his retirement after this season
- Vinales suspended and fired by Yamaha, only to join Aprilia early
- Marquez won a race after his injury troubles in 2020 and clearly still isn't 100%
- Dovizioso will make his return to MotoGP with SRT at Misano (two weeks from now) after sitting out the season so far, as Morbidelli will take the 2nd Yamaha seat once he's healthy, Yamaha/SRT have had some musical chairs with Vinales sacked and Morbidelli's surgery
- Quartararo has quite a lead in the championship, as his competition has eaten points from each other
- Sadly this season hasn't come without tragedy, as 19yo Moto3 rider Jason Dupasquier lost his life during qualifying at Mugello, RIP

Next race is a week from now in Aragon, with Vinales making his Aprilia debut.

Standings after the British GP:

#1 Quartararo (Yamaha), 206 pts
#2 Mir (Suzuki), 141 pts
#3 Zarco (Ducati), 137 pts
#4 Bagnaia (Ducati), 136 pts
#5 Miller (Ducati), 118 pts
#6 Binder (KTM), 108 pts
#7 Vinales (Yamaha/Aprilia), 95 pts
#8 Oliveira (KTM), 85 pts
#9 Espargaro (Aprilia), 83 pts
#12 Marquez (Honda), 59 pts
#21 Rossi (Yamaha), 28 pts

Reactions: KapG

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Bagnaia is closing in the gap in the championship, but it would probably still take a DNF from Quartararo to make it close. 4 races left now and 48 points between the two.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Couple good tracks for Ducati too in Austin and again Imola though I expect Marquez to be super strong in Austin. It's one of his tracks

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Ends up being a win by the guy that broke the moto half a lap before the red flag and that was without a doubt fastest on the track.
What a rollercoaster of emotions for him. One of the craziest races I've seen in my life. Glad all 3 guys are ok, the turkish guy with a super reckless move there

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
In the end öncu got banned for a few races.

Quartararo won MotoGP championship. Deservedly too. Great guy.

Gardner won Moto2 in last race in front of Raul Fernandez who had a fantastic rookie season. Bright future for Raul.

Acosta won Moto3's despite Foggia efforts in the second half championship. A shame his challenge finished by Binder crashing on to him in Portugal, would have made for a cracker last race

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad