• Kyle Kukkonen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the eighteenth poll, I am voting for Blake McLaughlin.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
9. LW - Sasha Pastujov (1st year)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (+1)
11. LW - Brayden Tracey (-3)
12. RW - Alexander Volkov (1st year)
13. D - Ian Moore (+1)
14. RW - Sam Colangelo (-2)
15. D - Simon Benoit (no change)
16. C - Artyom Galimov (no change)
17. D - Josh Mahura (-7)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka
Matthew Hill​

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Decided to go with Brendan Guhle.

While there are some good prospects left on the board, they all come with big risk and might not even reach Gughle's level. So I'm going with the more proven ''prospect'' before touching anyone of the remaining ones.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Lol, others might look at me and think must I’m pissing and moaning, but I feel like I have a valid point here.

how does McLaughlin have 4 votes when nobody has backed up their reasoning as to why he has that much support?

the only three players that I think will amount to anything on here this low will be Tschigerl, Andersson and Gage Alexander.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Lol, others might look at me and think must I’m pissing and moaning, but I feel like I have a valid point here.

how does McLaughlin have 4 votes when nobody has backed up their reasoning as to why he has that much support?

the only three players that I think will amount to anything on here this low will be Tschigerl, Andersson and Gage Alexander.
He was a 1st line player on one of the best NCAA teams in the country. He's had a consistent upward trajectory since he got there, and he looked great at the end of the season (I actually did watch a few games). McLaughlin has accomplished a lot more than the majority of the players left to choose from. Yes, he's older than most of them, but he's still shown promise.

Reactions: Static

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

I once saw a highlight and thought he looked good. Not the most scientific reasoning, but I'm no scout.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

How is it possible that people could vote without explaining themselves to you, the Lord of Prospect Polling. Unanswerable question.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

We are getting dozens of votes on each poll and only a fraction of those people are actually posting their opinion. I don't really get why you are so fixated on it.

McLaughlin is one of the earliest drafted prospects remaining, maybe people are just voting based on that. It's a complete crap shoot at this point anyway.

Also seems a bit hypocritical to suggest that others aren't providing support for their opinions. Yet you just listed three prospects as the only ones you see amounting to anything, and also didn't offer any explanation.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

You can’t complain people aren’t explaining why they voted for McLaughlin when you didn’t explain why you voted for Alexander.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Mahura by far the biggest mover, falling 7 spots. Can't say I'm surprised as he's continuing to show we should expect less and less of a ceiling from him as higher ceiling prospects are getting drafted

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Cage is a good candidate to jump up the prospect pool with strong play, the Ducks comments about him regarding goalie coach of the Ducks makes me think there is a lot of potential there. I still voted Tschigerl anyway cause his name is like German for Tiger.

I trust the Ducks with Goalie prospects more than any team except Nashvill who has an eye for goalies as well.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Disclaimer: I am not a scout and don't know what I'm talking about. Also very limited viewing.

Hinds gets tons of responsibility. Skates well enough for his size, decent first pass. Plays physical, not afraid to make a play in the offensive zone. Distributes the puck well playing the point on the power play. Has to improve some of his reads on the defensive side of the game but I think he may be able to do it. Could become a decent minute eater. Also we just traded a pick to be able to draft this guy in the third round, which means our scouts must really like him.

Tschigerl is fast, plays with tons of energy. Always looking to put pressure on the opposition. Has a decent shot. However, I don't really see a lot of creativity there so his upside is limited. Could become a bottom six energy player but there is a lot of competition for that role.

So Hinds > Tschigerl for me. Could also go McLaughlin here because he has been improving and laughing is good for you.

Edit: Didn't see the rookie game because I'm a soft euro. So if you just saw something very different, know that the above is not based on last night's game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad