• Kyle Kukkonen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the sixteenth poll, I am voting for Blake McLaughlin.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
9. LW - Sasha Pastujov (1st year)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (+1)
11. LW - Brayden Tracey (-3)
12. RW - Alexander Volkov (1st year)
13. D - Ian Moore (+1)
14. RW - Sam Colangelo (-2)
15. D - Simon Benoit (no change)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka
Matthew Hill​

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Went Tschigerl, I actually really think he will be an NHL player similar to Blake Coleman lite.

Reactions: Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Not a lot of big changes among our prospect pool rankings. The big faller is Tracey who only moved down 3 spots. No one really rose notably

Reactions: Arthuros

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Went Tschigerl, I actually really think he will be an NHL player similar to Blake Coleman lite.
I like him as well, I agree that he looks to have an NHL future, most likely in a bottom 6 role, but still.

Here I went with Galimov again, to me he's the clear pick here.

Sometime soon I think it will make sense to consider Sundsvik as well. I think he also can have a future role as a bottom 6 center. Little offense but does a lot of dirty work, is still only 20 years old until the end of the upcoming season.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Not a lot of big changes among our prospect pool rankings. The big faller is Tracey who only moved down 3 spots. No one really rose notably

Yeah, its kinda weird that the list is pretty much the same. Often there's someone who gets hyped and jumps up. Probably covid affected that some of these guys didn't play much and they didn't rise in the standings as a result.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

With GM Murray being very excited about our three defenders in Thrun, LaCombe, and Moore, I thought all three should have moved up some, especially LaCombe. LaCombe had an offensive explosion after the WJC-18 in the NCAAs.

JacksonLaCombeNCAA2020-21
.GamesGAPtsPPG Rate
Before WJC60220.33
After WJC21415190.90
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A big reason all three didn't move up would be the first three draft picks of the 2021 draft class. All three were ranked above LaCombe and Moore. That's some good drafting!

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why Tschigerl over Hinds? I mean we just picked Hinds more than 50 spots ahead of Tschigerl and even traded a pick to get him.
Tschigerl already has recognition on the main boards, some non-Duck fans included him as a steal in the draft.
That alone makes me a bit excited to see how he develops if other fans around the league like him as a steal of a pick.
This is what i expected when the Ducks were picking the 2nd highest in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds that they would get more steals because of draft position.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Why Tschigerl over Hinds? I mean we just picked Hinds more than 50 spots ahead of Tschigerl and even traded a pick to get him.
Good question.
The film on Hinds has been very little but yeah, if our staff liked Hinds, then it's a good start. However, not always the higher pick means a better future.
At this point tho, Hinds has to be included in the next tier conversation. I want to see that long shift-by-shift video on YouTube

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Haven't seen enough of him to say. Just going off what I have seen.

Tschigerl already has recognition on the main boards, some non-Duck fans included him as a steal in the draft.
That alone makes me a bit excited to see how he develops if other fans around the league like him as a steal of a pick.
This is what i expected when the Ducks were picking the 2nd highest in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds that they would get more steals because of draft position.

Good question.
The film on Hinds has been very little but yeah, if our staff liked Hinds, then it's a good start. However, not always the higher pick means a better future.
At this point tho, Hinds has to be included in the next tier conversation. I want to see that long shift-by-shift video on YouTube

Fair enough. I haven't seen too much of either prospect (one shift-by-shift each), certainly not enough to go against our scouting staff. I trust them to know their business, especially when it comes to defensemen (Hinds). So I have to think that Hinds is - for now - the more promising prospect. This can of course change in the future.

Fans of other teams liking Tschigerl sounds good. But someone saying he was a steal in the 5th round doesn't necessarily mean they think he should have been picked in the first half of the 3rd round. But maybe they do. Some decent players have definitely been picked in the later rounds. I hope both Hinds and Tschigerl make it to the NHL.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad