• Kyle Kukkonen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the twelfth poll, I am voting for Alexander Volkov.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
9. LW - Sasha Pastujov (1st year)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (+1)
11. LW - Brayden Tracey (-3)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka
Matthew Hill​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I've said this in pretty much all of the last few polls but can someone please confirm with me that no prospects are missing from the list. After I made the last poll I realized Sundsvik was missing and added him here. Now I think I have everyone.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't think Badini is much of a prospect anymore, had 1 point in 23 AHL games and had only 2 points in the ECHL in 14 games.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Volkov because has already accomplished more than anyone on the list will in their entire careers most likely. I originally didn't even know he was considered a prospect still. I'm pretty meh about Volkov he's okay but overall he is already an effective NHL player.... That's more than you can say about probably 90% of this list, most likely.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Moore w Hinds, Tschigerl, and Colangelo right behind. All have high upside except for Tschigerl, but he has a high floor w the way he plays and is why I grouped him here . I think Moore is another gem we may have found, as well as Hinds. Both big, mobile two way d w good offensive upside. Hinds brings some grit too

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
What's the scouting report on Moore?
Big, long, lanky RHD who is an elite skater in regards to edgework, speed, and transitional skating. Also fantastic gap control, the way he skates allows him to get away w being more agressive and steps up fairly often. He can rifle the puck w his NHL shot and is a fantastic puck carrier. He plays w a lot of authority when the puck is on his stick. I think he's a gem. We took him in the third because he played prep school. He needs some time to fill out his frame and build even more confidence in the ushow and college. When he is 6'3 200/210 and skate how he can he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with

Reactions: ShadowDuck

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Really surprised to see Colangelo's stock fall this quickly. Kid was a high second round pick (36th overall) just last year...
Like I said about Tracey, it’s way more so a testament as to how deep our prospect pool than Colangelo’s stock falling. Certainly not blaming him for it, but he only played 8 games last season, shouldn’t be shocking that prospects who actually showed they took a step forward are getting ranked ahead of him. And of course if he has a great college season next year like I’m expecting him to, he’ll shoot up the rankings

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Like I said about Tracey, it’s way more so a testament as to how deep our prospect pool than Colangelo’s stock falling. Certainly not blaming him for it, but he only played 8 games last season, shouldn’t be shocking that prospects who actually showed they took a step forward are getting ranked ahead of him. And of course if he has a great college season next year like I’m expecting him to, he’ll shoot up the rankings
I wanted them to pick Bordeleau instead of Colangelo after Peterka/Grans/Wallinder were already gone before the Ducks pick.
Bordeleau has improved his stock a lot and SJ has a real gem there.
Then there is Brock Faber that the Kings picked with their extra 2nd that is looking like a steal.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Yeah this is Colangelo for me. I like the potential from what I saw his last Juniors. I'd probably have him just slightly ahead of Moore who looked really solid in the last camp. I'm a fan of of Volkov but he's also 24... I think the other two have more upside.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think McLaughlin is underrated but it does seem he's trending towards becoming a College UFA ?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I wanted them to pick Bordeleau instead of Colangelo after Peterka/Grans/Wallinder were already gone before the Ducks pick.
Bordeleau has improved his stock a lot and SJ has a real gem there.
Then there is Brock Faber that the Kings picked with their extra 2nd that is looking like a steal.

Tracey and Colangelo are your typical Duck picks such that they're safe picks with upside. That also goes for Lundy, Max Jones, and Steel. Perreault is the only player that is out of the norm for the scouting staff for forwards. But for defensemen, it always seems like we're reaching, but we usually end up getting steals. Moore fits into that category. Moore was named as one of the defensemen that have raised their stock in GM Murray's eyes, with the other two defensemen being LaCombe and Thrun.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Colangelo vs Moore

Volkov and Galimov should be in discussion too.

With that being said i feel like our Depth is really strong right now, still have a lot of really solid prospects coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad