GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft - it took 84 years, but it's finally over

What position will Zito pick?

• Total voters

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Leave it up to hfPanthers to start re-hashing the same age old debate about past drafts during the DT era, a day after the actual draft. Sigh.

I was about to write a whole long post about how if you actually look at the data, we've been average at the draft and how many people here have a gross misconception of what the average draft performance is across the league...but then I realized it would be a waste of time and went back to work...

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I was about to write a whole long post about how if you actually look at the data, we've been average at the draft and how many people here have a gross misconception of what the average draft performance is across the league...but then I realized it would be a waste of time and went back to work...

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

Yeah, that list I posted is respectable for picks outside of the 1st in 7 drafts, I don't care how many picks you have. Not great, but respectable. If you can get 2 nhlers out of a draft, it's a good draft. Your 1st rounders should ideally all be hits and your higher end talent, and then another nhler or two in the next 6 rounds. If teams were getting 5 nhlers out of every draft we'd need a handful of new teams lol.

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018

eliteprospects (or rather one of their writers) seem to think we had one of the best drafts

Curious if any other hockey writers liked what we did...

Reactions: Dread Clawz

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Obviously it didn’t come to fruition but I’ll just drop it here for some food for thought. Apparently the Wild tried to pitch you guys on a Prospect for 12th overall in 2020. My guess as to who is they tried to sell the Regime that drafted Boldy last year on him now.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Obviously it didn’t come to fruition but I’ll just drop it here for some food for thought. Apparently the Wild tried to pitch you guys on a Prospect for 12th overall in 2020. My guess as to who is they tried to sell the Regime that drafted Boldy last year on him now.
Makes sense why we didn’t do it: we needed centers and defensemen and got a hell of a center.

I guess you were trying to draft Lundel too?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, Boldy is good but no thanks. Lundell plays the game like a veteran. He doesn't have game breaking ability, but he's gonna be a solid nhl center within a couple years. Make that pitch next year and we may bite .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad