Player Discussion 2020 NHL Draft Poll Pre-Draft Version (who should we pick?)

Who should the Habs draft at 16th overall? (if available)

• Total voters

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
1. Mercer
2. Amirov
3. Gunler

Didn't vote for Jarvis because he'll go top 10 but he'd be a nobrainer for sure.

Why Mercer over LaPierre. I'm not criticizing. Just curious because I have limited knowledge on the topic.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Here's my list in our range -

1. Mavrick Bourque
  2. Dylan Holloway
  3. Lukas Reichel
  4. Noel Gunler
  5. Seth Jarvis
  6. Dawson Mercer
I'm ready to be wrong about 5 & 6, but gotta go with the gut.

Reactions: 26Mats and FrankMTL

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Why Mercer over LaPierre. I'm not criticizing. Just curious because I have limited knowledge on the topic.
Both have amazing IQs but Mercer I find is more responsible defensively, and Lapierre is more injury prone. I'd pick a winger before a Center as well with our current situation (Suz, KK).

Reactions: 26Mats

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Lapierre from what I read has average skating and has been hit hard with injuries

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Here's my list in our range -

1. Mavrick Bourque
  2. Dylan Holloway
  3. Lukas Reichel
  4. Noel Gunler
  5. Seth Jarvis
  6. Dawson Mercer
I'm ready to be wrong about 5 & 6, but gotta go with the gut.

Just curious, A lot of scouts have Jarvis much higher and Holloway much lower. Why do you have the reverse?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just curious, A lot of scouts have Jarvis much higher and Holloway much lower. Why do you have the reverse?

It might be an over correction by me on Holloway due to Brady Tkachuk, but I've liked Holloway a lot before he went to the NCAA and saw a unique combo of size, skating power, shooting and playmaking. He's a rare type of player to get in this league and I think he can provide that 40-60 pt offense on the wing that retrieves pucks, stretches defenses, and is a load to handle on the forecheck. His offensive production took off in the NCAA when moved to the wing from center.. so I like that for him.

I am hot and cold on Jarvis. I would not be upset if we picked him at all, that list I posted has flip-flopped a hundred times. Can't argue with Jarvis' production but when I watch how he scores his points in junior, I do have some reticence about how that translates at the next level.

A lot of people see Jarvis as a play driver where he looks more like an opportunist to me.

Reactions: 26Mats

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
1000er will be happy I went with Reichel, Bourque and Jarvis! I think Bourque will be a winger in the NHL

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Pair our 1st rounder, some 2nds, and Drouin/Domi for a large skilled winger. If that doesn’t work? Which I am sure it won’t... double offer sheet players on the same franchise as TooLegitToQuit suggested! Our franchise is a money maker but has to “share” revenue with failing franchises in the league! f*** them! If we can’t use our economic powerhouse to our benefit? Then neither will other bitch ass franchises living off us!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
This is a follow up to the poll made at the end of August

Player Discussion - 2020 NHL Draft Poll (who should we pick?)

I have added a few extra players as well. Pick your Top 3. Let's see who comes out on top!
I could see Carolina at 13 and Edmonton at 14 trading or trading down their number 1 for needs now. Both teams are somewhat win now. I don't see anyone with picks 1-12 trading their pick. If Habs think they can grab a steal at 13 or 14 hope they are looking at trading up. Who comes into play at 13 or 14?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So Seth Jarvis has a pretty healthy lead so far followed by Mercer and Holloway. Surprisingly enough (or not) Lapierre is in 4th place in votes.

I'm wondering if Lapierre has another big game today if it can change people's opinions even more?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Lapierre from what I read has average skating and has been hit hard with injuries
We have to becareful with. « Average skating ». David perron has a average skating during all his carreer long and everybody would take him. (He tell it by himself). There is plenty of other attribute than just skating to evaluate. I cannot prononce about lapierre cause is didnt watch him. But his hockey level IQ is maybe very high. So we can live with his average skating. Its not because you are a rocket on skate, you are gonna be a good player on the show lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad