Prospect Info: 2020 CFHF Prospect Ranking #13

Who is the best prospect from this list?

• Total voters

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
1. Valimaki 86%
2. Pelletier 54% (run-off)
3. Zary 46% (run-off)
4. Wolf 41%
5. Zavgorodniy 31%
6. M.E Pettersen 35%
7. Phillips 52.5% (run-off)
8. Mackey 30+% (run-off)
9. Kinvall 42% (Run-off)
10. Poirier 38.5% (run-off)
11. Gawdin 58%
12. Kuznetsov 48%

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Still Ruzicka

I said in the last one that this should be Ruzicka & Posp as they've both shown to be good AHL players and both IMO have good chances of making the team in a couple years....something many on the list won't even come close to.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1. Valimaki 86%
2. Pelletier 54% (run-off)
3. Zary 46% (run-off)
4. Wolf 41%
5. Zavgorodniy 31%
6. M.E Pettersen 35%
7. Phillips 52.5% (run-off)
8. Mackey 30+% (run-off)
9. Kinvall 42% (Run-off)
10. Poirier 38.5% (run-off)
11. Gawdin 58%
12. Kuznetsov 48%

how you guys see the top 10 today? flames AHL guys really having great years.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Well, like I said in the post above yours...the 2 most underrated at the time were Ruzicka & Pospisil.
Zavgorodniy was pretty overrated it seems, Phillips probably 5th now (and then), although Mackey may move by next year.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Ruzicka and Phillips production has fallen off a cliff lately. 14 of Ruzicka’s 16 points have come from 5 games (2 points from the other 12 games), and only 2 points in his last 7. The only consistent producer at F down there is Philp and he does it with MEP and whatever other dud gets thrown out there and 2nd unit PP time (from what I’ve seen so far. Only seen two games but those were the lines I seen).

Ruzicka definitely moves up, but the biggest mover in a positive direction on my list would be Philp.

Last edited:

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Ruzicka and Phillips production has fallen off a cliff lately. 14 of Ruzicka’s 16 points have come from 5 games (2 points from the other 12 games), and only 2 points in his last 7. The only consistent producer at F down there is Philp and he does it with MEP and whatever other dud gets thrown out there and 2nd unit PP time (from what I’ve seen so far. Only seen two games but those were the lines I seen).

Ruzicka definitely moves up, but the biggest mover in a positive direction on my list would be Philp.
Mackey has also been fairly impressive. Its also important to keep in mind that Philp is only a year younger than Monahan and Lindholm. He'll be 26 in 8 months

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Ryan Francis is my biggest mover. He is putting up almost the exact same stat line as Mavrick Bourque, and pacing just behind Dawson Mercer in the same league. Those two were mid/late 1st rounders, and are doing great themselves.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Mackey has also been fairly impressive. Its also important to keep in mind that Philp is only a year younger than Monahan and Lindholm. He'll be 26 in 8 months
Yeah keeping up with the highlights on Twitter of the 7-1 win yesterday I think Mackey had key plays on like 5 or 6 of the goals even though he got credited with 3 points. Looks like he could be more than the “AHL fodder” some posters claimed he was after two NHL games and two intrasquad games.

As far as Philp goes I think he’s always kind of been a guy that’s on NHL radars. Attended Flyers and Leafs camps while in junior. Could potentially be a late bloomer IMO.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Ryan Francis is my biggest mover. He is putting up almost the exact same stat line as Mavrick Bourque, and pacing just behind Dawson Mercer in the same league. Those two were mid/late 1st rounders, and are doing great themselves.
This is a good pick too. Completely forgot about him. Could definitely be a good find.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Yeah keeping up with the highlights on Twitter of the 7-1 win yesterday I think Mackey had key plays on like 5 or 6 of the goals even though he got credited with 3 points. Looks like he could be more than the “AHL fodder” some posters claimed he was after two NHL games and two intrasquad games.

As far as Philp goes I think he’s always kind of been a guy that’s on NHL radars. Attended Flyers and Leafs camps while in junior. Could potentially be a late bloomer IMO.
Fairly comparable, both statically and developmentally to Ryan.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Fairly comparable, both statically and developmentally to Ryan.
Maybe, maybe not...I don’t like comparisons anyways, they’re very misleading. Like, they’re pretty much 10 years apart in their careers, comparing across eras like that is no bueno. Philp is currently producing at a better rate in his second year out of USports than Ryan did in his 5th year out of USports (using that time frame because at least they were playing in the same league at that point). Keep in mind that Ryan played 4 years at the U of A and Philp only played 3, so essentially if you really delve into the comparison you could conclude that Philp is like 4 years ahead of where Ryan was at.

But again, comparisons never tell the full story so I would steer clear of them.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
This is a good pick too. Completely forgot about him. Could definitely be a good find.
Our scouting staff in general are pretty great at finding talent in the mid to late rounds, but you have to give them credit for finding guys who don’t seem to let their size hold them back when they graduate to higher leagues. Obviously Phillips and especially Francis aren’t sure things, but their is a not terrible chance by the end of 2024 all of Gaudreau, Mangiapane, Dube, Phillips, and Francis have all spent time in our top 9, with Dube being the heavyweight of that group at 187.

This is a stark contrast to their inability to find big bodies who continue to produce once they jump levels.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

By all accounts this is looking like a great pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00