Prospect Info: 2019 - 2020 Top 20 Blues Prospect List - #10

Who is the #10 Prospect in the Blues Prospect Pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Top 20 Blues Prospect List:
1) Jordan Kyrou - 91.9%
2) Dominik Bokk - 84.2%
3) Klim Kostin - 43.4%
4) Ville Husso - 41.3%
5) Mitch Reinke - 36.5%
6) Niko Mikkola - 46.1%*
7) Scott Perunovich - 42.1%*
8) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.7%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 45%

Toropchenko takes the number 9 spot. I'm a fan of his strengths, and there is definitely something within him that can get him to the NHL. He might not have the top end potential you hope for in prospects, but he can progress to fill in the bottom-6 of any team if his development continues. Now, onto number 10.

Fitzy for me here.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Ellis for the 3rd time

Same.

Player left with the highest upside IMO.

EDIT:
For the completionists among us... Add Helt, Krag and Andersson. They will probably not get a lot of votes, but they're still listed as Blues-prospects.

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
LaFerierre, then Tucker. It’s unfair, but I won’t pick a goalie until a bit later; they’re so unpredictable, and an argument can be made that all of our goalie prospects (as with most teams, until the goalies prove otherwise, and in our case, they haven’t yet) have starting goalie upside. Would like to have a separate poll for goalies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Austin Poganski. Why not? I think he can become a bottom 6'er in the NHL. His projectory looks similar to MacEachern.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I went with Laferriere but this is real crapshoot time. Lots of guys who COULD be good NHLers but none who likely WILL. That said, someone left may well be a good NHLer but just guesswork at this point in our list.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Sticking with Ellis. Like him a bit more than Fitz at this point but yeah, it’s hard to tell with goalies.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Probably should a goalie, but i went with Washkurak. Really like his game, think he’ll be a good bottom sixer.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Fitz again. I have a good feeling about him. I know that's a silly reason, but with how everything is a crapshoot at this level, it is just as good a reason as any, lol!

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Probably should a goalie, but i went with Washkurak. Really like his game, think he’ll be a good bottom sixer.

He's a dark horse to me. What excites me about him is that he's really, really young. He's exactly 11 months younger then Nikita Alexandrov and they're both first year draft eligible. If Washkurak was a little bit older he wasn't even eligible for this draft. Imagine if he had a full season of development more, and this reflects in his point totals, he would definitely have gone a lot sooner in the draft. He could really be a huge steal.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He's a dark horse to me. What excites me about him is that he's really, really young. He's exactly 11 months younger then Nikita Alexandrov and they're both first year draft eligible. If Washkurak was a little bit older he wasn't even eligible for this draft. Imagine if he had a full season of development more, and this reflects in his point totals, he would definitely have gone a lot sooner in the draft. He could really be a huge steal.
Excellent point about his age, I always appreciate a younger draft pick with more room for development.

It was really Washkaruk’s top notch work ethic that got my attention originally...but after learning more about him and his play style, I really think we may have another late round NHL contributor in a few years if things go well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad