Prospect Info: 2018 World Junior Championships - Buffalo, NY, USA - Dec. 26th 2017 to Jan. 5th 2018

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've watched every single SHL game of his, including the CHL games.

Boqvist has been unimpressive -- overmatched, intimidated, weak and careless. That's why he plays so little. The problem is that he's too way good for the J20 and they needed to give him a taste of the SHL. Where Brynas stands has little to do with it because if he played well in his limited time (like Brannstrom last year with HV71), he'd stick and gain more ice time.

He's played 41:42 total minutes this season, thats the equivalent of like two full games of play for most defensemen. He also has 1 point in that amount of time. I don't doubt that you've watched these games, I just don't think you could really make a fair determination in such little time. Its very hard for players to make an impact when they are put on the ice for only a few shifts per game, and have no real rhythm to their shift to shift preparation. For all they know, they'll be waiting an hour for their next shift.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He didn't necessarily disrespect anyone, but it comes off as childish to toss something you won into the crowd because it wasn't good enough.

Which is kinda funny on these boards because lot of people have this opinion that unless your team wins the Cup the season has been a failure.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why not? Because you don't think so? The value Lias places on that thing has nothing do with anyone but him. If he doesn't want it, he's free to do whatever he wants with it

I'm just giving my opinion, so yeah, pretty much.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I think it's hysterical that the HF Boards "Classless" Police are normalizing being the sorest of losers because of the crest he'll be wearing come September.

Eric Lindros was the most competitive yet spoiled player of his generation and even he didn't chuck his Silver Medal in the stands when he and Canada were crushed by the ex-Soviets in Albertville in 1992.
He's played 41:42 total minutes this season, thats the equivalent of like two full games of play for most defensemen. He also has 1 point in that amount of time. I don't doubt that you've watched these games, I just don't think you could really make a fair determination in such little time. Its very hard for players to make an impact when they are put on the ice for only a few shifts per game, and have no real rhythm to their shift to shift preparation. For all they know, they'll be waiting an hour for their next shift.

I agree to an extent. But every game he's played in, he gets a shift in the opening minutes and plays several more later on in the first period. After that he's stapled to the bench, even when there's a PP.

My point is that you can have noticeable shifts in limited ice time, which is the first step towards increasing it.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Hockey is the only major sport I can think of where they make the losers stay on the ice/field and not only watch the other team celebrate, but have to stick around for awards which at that moment they care less about.

Still, hundreds upon hundreds of young kids have endured tough losses in major, meaningful games and didn't react the way Lias did.

It was a mistake. There's nothing positive about it. It doesn't prove he's a warrior or dedicated -- his play on the ice proved that. I think we all know why he did it. Still doesn't make it right.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Well, **** Brodeur.

This is different. I just think it's silly. I think not touching the Wales/Campbell is just about the silliest thing there is.

Agree on the Wales/Campbell, agree on the Brodeur/Avery thing (if you don't like/respect someone just ignore them), as I've said IMO Lias can do whatever he wants with his medal, and no-one else should really give a shit

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hockey is the only major sport I can think of where they make the losers stay on the ice/field and not only watch the other team celebrate, but have to stick around for awards which at that moment they care less about.

Still, hundreds upon hundreds of young kids have endured tough losses in major, meaningful games and didn't react the way Lias did.

It was a mistake. There's nothing positive about it. It doesn't prove he's a warrior or dedicated -- his play on the ice proved that. I think we all know why he did it. Still doesn't make it right.
Doesn't make it wrong either.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Agree on the Wales/Campbell, agree on the Brodeur/Avery thing (if you don't like/respect someone just ignore them), as I've said IMO Lias can do whatever he wants with his medal, and no-one else should really give a ****

He doesn't have to like it and he doesn't have to keep it. I probably wouldn't have done it on camera, but that' just my opinion.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
He doesn't have to like it and he doesn't have to keep it. I probably wouldn't have done it on camera, but that' just my opinion.

I wouldn't have done it either, but I completely understand why he did.
A friend of mine gave a way all his campaign and service medals. I couldn't dream of giving mine away, but people react to things in different ways

Reactions: trilobyte

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Lias became exempt from Rangers fan criticism no matter what he did, after he played so well in this tournament. He can do no wrong right now.

Chytil would have been eaten alive if he did that after his mediocre performance. That's what I mean by hypocrisy. This is pure mental gymnastics.

For an obscure reference, people justifying this as being okay remind me of the students in Worlds Greatest Dad (a decent movie if you've got a spare few hours by the way).

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Lias became exempt from Rangers fan criticism no matter what he did, after he played so well in this tournament. He can do no wrong right now.

Chytil would have been eaten alive if he did that after his mediocre performance. That's what I mean by hypocrisy. This is pure mental gymnastics.

For an obscure reference, people justifying this as being okay remind me of the students in Worlds Greatest Dad (a decent movie if you've got a spare few hours by the way).
Its just good to actually see a player who cares about winning and loosing, that fire is barley on this team besides guys like Hank Zuc, and occasionally Mcdonagh

Reactions: nyrleetch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->