Prospect Info: 2018 World Junior Championships - Buffalo, NY, USA - Dec. 26th 2017 to Jan. 5th 2018

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Amazing Kreiderman will probably go. He travels the globe chasing sporting events. One day they'll snap a photo of him at Bangkok's underground muay thai fight show.

There was a split-second glimpse of him in Bloodsport, right when the villain throws chalk in Van Damme's face in the final match.

It's true.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Most camps should be starting soon this week. CZE should start today. Sweden camp begins...when?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Pretty sure Högberg-Liljegren will actually be the top pairing there. Högberg is playing a big role in SHL and Liljegren is doing well in AHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it'll probably be Brannstrom-Dahlin, but I would think Hogberg-Liljegren will be the second pairing. Hogberg is really good, underrated player.

Who do you think is gonna get cut? Probably Sellgren? I would say it makes sense to cut Lindstrom or Westerlund based on them being on the right side, and Dahlin will likely be taking up a spot on the right side. Dahlin's a left shot who is playing the right side this year. He could also play on the left side, and if he's in your lineup on the right side, you already have 4 lefties, which is enough, and would allow you to carry a righty as a spare, which could mean that Sellgren is cut.

To me, it looks like the player who's spot will be replaced is Westerlund. I think Moverare-Lindstrom makes a lot more sense than Moverare-Westerlund, which would be a very immobile defense pair. So it probably means Lindstrom is ahead of Westerlund in the pecking order. So then the question is whether he takes Westerlund or Sellgren? I think I'm more interested in Sweden's team than any other team at this tournament. :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's been a while since we had exciting prospects at the World Juniors. I can't wait to see them clash

2015 WJC. Buchnevich, Shestyorkin and Duclair.

2016 was okay, Saarela did really well, and Huska also played well, but then we traded him.

Last year was Zborovskiy and Huska. We didn't have any forwards.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Someone on reddit was at the exhibition game tonight

v323HTW.png

Pretty neat!

The user said that the final score ended up being 13-1 in favor of Sweden. Not sure where we could find a boxscore for this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad