Prospect Info: 2018 World Junior Championships - Buffalo, NY, USA - Dec. 26th 2017 to Jan. 5th 2018

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

We don't have anyone who is looking to make Team Canada, right?

Wonder if one or both of Day or Gettinger will make USA. Prelim roster for USA is revealed tomorrow.

I would assume Andersson makes Sweden. Think he has a pretty good shot at getting the 'C' too. When is their roster being revealed?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

We don't have anyone who is looking to make Team Canada, right?

Wonder if one or both of Day or Gettinger will make USA. I would assume Andersson makes Sweden. Think he has a pretty good shot at getting the 'C' too.

No, maybe Wall if he had a great start to the season, but otherwise, not.

Chytil and Andersson, 50/50 one of Day or Gettinger make it, Gettinger probably more likely. Sjalin probably should make the Swedish team, but their older players will get priority, so he won't make it. I think he has a good chance to make it next year. Reunanen deservedly left off the Finnish team.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
With his injuries i'd say there's no chance Själin makes Sweden, we're VERY deep on D. If he stayed healthy then he'd be in with a shout definitely.

Sadly Uffe Bodin thinks neither Olofsson nor Hållander makes the team either, which would be sad :(

Here's Uffes roster for Sweden: UFFE BODIN: Min JVM-trupp 2018

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope F. Chytil manage to get healthy for the tournament - important for him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
With his injuries i'd say there's no chance Själin makes Sweden, we're VERY deep on D. If he stayed healthy then he'd be in with a shout definitely.

Sadly Uffe Bodin thinks neither Olofsson nor Hållander makes the team either, which would be sad :(

Won't make it due to Moverare and Westerlund who both kind of suck, but maybe next year where Dahlin will be in the NHL, and potentially Liljegren, Boqvist and Brannstrom.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doesn't look like Gettinger or Day make prelim roster for USA

And they took no younger players. Really odd roster, but they did the same thing last year and won, so I won't question Motzko.

This is my team.

Mittelstadt-Brown-Yamamoto
Bellows-Poehling-Harper
Jones-Frederic-Anderson
Tkachuk-Norris-Lockwood
Tufte, this could be Badini, but I don't know why USA Hockey likes Badini, he kind of sucks.

Lindgren-Fox
Hughes-Peeke
Samberg-Walsh
Anderson, although I could see Perunovich making the team, but I think Hughes fills his roll and we don't need them both.

Oettinger
Woll
Swayman

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
PB are you saying they’re gonna play Max Jones more than Brady Tkachuk? No chance IMO

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
PB are you saying they’re gonna play Max Jones more than Brady Tkachuk? No chance IMO

Don't know, not for me to decide, I think Jones deserves a 3rd line role, Tkachuk a 4th line role. Tkachuk isn't really a skill guy, and is not doing as well this season as some predicted.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Don't know, not for me to decide, I think Jones deserves a 3rd line role, Tkachuk a 4th line role. Tkachuk isn't really a skill guy, and is not doing as well this season as some predicted.
Everything about Jones screams lunchpail 4th line guy. Let’s just agree to disagree because I think Brady is miles better

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

This is the team I'd pick. Thoughts? Too talented of a team to pick?

Boqvist-Petterson-Nylander
Soderlund-Andersson-Lundestrom
Hallander-Olofsson-Elvenes
Jonsson Fjallby-Karlstrom-Davidsson
Zetterlund

Dahlin-Liljegren
Brannstrom-Hogberg
Moverare-Boqvist
Sellgren

Gustavsson
Eriksson Ek
Larsson

Reactions: Irishguy42

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Tim Gettinger is a better hockey player then Max Jones. Jones is a nutjob who is prone to a game misconduct every shift and he's not good enough offensively to make up for it.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
This is the team I'd pick. Thoughts? Too talented of a team to pick?

Boqvist-Petterson-Nylander
Soderlund-Andersson-Lundestrom
Hallander-Olofsson-Elvenes
Jonsson Fjallby-Karlstrom-Davidsson
Zetterlund

Dahlin-Liljegren
Brannstrom-Hogberg
Moverare-Boqvist
Sellgren

Gustavsson
Eriksson Ek
Larsson

It's a nice team but yeah, not enough "meat and potatoes" players in there, especially for a Swedish team, we love those energy players.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Boqvist not among the 8 D-men picked for Sweden, so typically Sweden this, i hate it.
He's easily among the 8th best D-men available but because Dahlin, Liljegren and Brännström fills his "role" he's not on the roster, which is so stupid to me.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
No Nylander as of right now, might be added later if Sabres allow it.
I think we lack skill among our forwards, really would have liked to see Hållander on this team.

Reactions: rickardr

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No Tippett for Canada. Jeez. This year's ADB.
Typical Canadian WJC selection team.

There's a reason that they've won only once in 7 years despite owning the best pool of prospects in the world. And the year that they won, they needed McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad