GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 31 • Gold: SWE (1) - CAN (3) F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The most important game of the tournament with Sweden in the final, and almost no swedes will even watch the game because it's in the middle of the night. That's just so clever IHF, real job well done. ****ing ******s. No wonder hockey is still such a small sport with these organizers being as smart as bait.
Just curious what time you would suggest this game start so that people can attend the game on a weekday, and that the majority of the hockey playing nations can watch at a decent hour? It's not really possible, same thing happens to us when the games are in Europe quite often. Surely PVR exists in Sweden though right?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada has no star power??? Uhh, forgetting Makar. He was drafted 4th, if he's not a true star then no team has a star.

He has shown himself to be a star but the Canadian team was advertised going in as a team without the usual star power it normally possesses in terms of highly hyped top picks and for the most part it has proven to be true, it is a deep team with 4 solid lines but there are no Sidney Crosbys,Mcdavids,or even Marner type level guys. No one really knew what to expect from Makar and he was hardly hyped to the moon, sure he was a top 4 pick but it was considered a very weak draft and he was also considered a bit of a gamble to be drafted at the 4th slot coming out of tier 2 junior in Alberta, he was an unknown quantity for most and no one was sure just how good he was.

Makar has proven to be really good but it still is a not a star studded team at all. the description of the team going into this tournament is accurate though Makar has been a wonderful revelation.

Reactions: trilobyte

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I hope for a fair reffed game and not any canadian bias. The US got too many PPs that were questionable.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
The most important game of the tournament with Sweden in the final, and almost no swedes will even watch the game because it's in the middle of the night. That's just so clever IHF, real job well done. ****ing ******s. No wonder hockey is still such a small sport with these organizers being as smart as bait.

I'm not sure how catering to a 10mill market (Sweden) is more beneficial for growing the game than catering to the 325mill US market.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Ever since that first preliminary game where Canada steamrolled, I knew they would be in the gold game. These guys are hungry as hell. I predict Canada wins 5-2.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In case? A game vs canada in a final is a sure loss

We all know that isn't true.

Maybe you were living in the amazon jungle or just were not following hockey quite closely at the time but just this past WHC Sweden beat Canada in the finals.

But to start with the biased reffing nonsense before a game even begins says one thing loudly, an excuse is being prepared should the game not go as you wish.

Do you really want to be that type of fan? I hope not because it's a sickening attitude.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
We all know that isn't true.

Maybe you were living in the amazon jungle or just were not following hockey quite closely at the time but just this past WHC Sweden beat Canada in the finals.

But to start with the biased reffing nonsense before a game even begins says one thing loudly, an excuse is being prepared should the game not go as you wish.

Do you really want to be that type of fan? I hope not because it's a sickening attitude.
I am pissed because without 3 forwards we have no chance. It is like olympic final 2014 again.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I hope for a fair reffed game and not any canadian bias. The US got too many PPs that were questionable.

It is the IIHF there should be zero concern for any team playing Canada that they will get the short end of the stick in terms of reffing.

I may be off by a game or two but I am pretty sure we are are basically on a 1,267,854 game streak of getting screwed by the officials in IIHF games.

The Euro trash refs will not being doing any favors for Canada today.

Reactions: KPower

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The game is in North America. What do you expect them to do? Play in the afternoon when everyone is working so the swedes can watch? North America has to suffer when the games are in Sweden. It's just the way it is.

An afternoon saturday game would have worked so everyone can watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad