GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 30 • Bronze: CZE (3) - USA (9) F

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
And there’s the record tying goal for Bellows!!!! Awesome tourney for him.

Wish we could have seen him on a line with Mittelstadt

Reactions: Kyndig

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Seems like they simply gave up after that second short handed goal. I think they have the skill and ability to punch above their weight, they're just still mentally weak. Just my opinion...

Reactions: czechcanadian

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
hmm this puts canadas 7-2 win in perspective, maybe sweden has a chance against canada afterall

Not really US team could have simply came into this game pissed off at a missed shot at gold while the Czech team came into this game depressed and not caring as much. Not saying Sweden doesn't stand a chance, it should be an even game.

Last edited:

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
They were pegged to win gold and got bounced immediately against the Czechs. How are they not overrated?

They underperformed this tourney but that doesn't mean they are an overrated hockey nation. I mean they have won 2 gold medals in the last few years. They also dominated the Czechs for most of the game.

To call them an overrated hockey nation is just way out of line

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Don't know how happy I am that we made semis now. This is dreadful and they don't deserve to be here.

Yeah. I'm kinda getting the same feeling.

Like Hemsky001 says, they seem really mentally weak. I don't understand why they just aren't really trying anymore.

Reactions: donghabs98

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay, I feel old. '89 in Anchorage was the first WJC's I watched almost in its entirety. The Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny line remains one of the most enjoyable lines I've ever seen.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
They underperformed this tourney but that doesn't mean they are an overrated hockey nation. I mean they have won 2 gold medals in the last few years. They also dominated the Czechs for most of the game.

To call them an overrated hockey nation is just way out of line
I also said Russia was overrated. Both are very good hockey nations but I think they get overrated personally.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
hmm this puts canadas 7-2 win in perspective, maybe sweden has a chance against canada afterall

Of course they do. The Americans, bad ice or not managed to beat us in Round Robin, and Sweden is definitely superior to them.

It could go either way.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Americans were pegged to win gold and got bounced in the semis.

Completely overrated.

See how easy it is to say that about any team that doesn't finish 1st?
Losing to Sweden in the semis is pretty different from losing to the Czechs in round 1. USA got a bit overrated though I guess too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad