GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 27 • SF1: SWE (4) - USA (2) F

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
I didn't realize that the junior hockey was as nationality biased as Bettman's NHL when it came to officiating. They sure wanted the Americans to win this. Refs tonight should still get their bonus. Can't anticipate SH goals.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
The problem to me isn't that Woll played more games/got #1.. the problem is he was gifted it. Oettinger wasn't even given a chance.. there was no competition for the job and Woll did better.. he was handed all the games on a silver plate.
I was surprised by the decision as well. Sometimes the coaches just have their favorites.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Yeah...the USA player totally took a dive and stayed down even after the call for reasons...in a game they were down by 2 in with a whopping 4 seconds left. :sarcasm:
It's not always about getting a penalty call. Sometimes it is about emotion, defeat, etc.

Not necessarily proud of it, but I have done similar things to this.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
As I predicted, a quite easy win for the Swedes. US's weak point was 5on5 gameplay and the likes of Dahlin and Nylander were just too much for them to handle. You can only get so far with undersized prospects playing against teenagers vs European prospects playing against men.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Yes, and last time I checked, goals on the powerplay count the same. There is no question Fjallby is a good player that had a strong tournament, but if the coach thought he was the better guy to get the job done (scoring goals, I mean), it would have been Fjallby on the PP instead of Pettersson. It wasn't.
And last I checked, Fjällby hasnt played any PP-minutes during the entire tournament compared to Elias whos out there for almost 2 mins every PP - therefor, the three meekly points that separates them isnt enough for me to say that Elias has been more valuable, since I believe that Fjällby brings more than just PP points to a game. Hes not the better player, but he has had a better tournament than Elias and veen more valuable to Sweden. Thats just my opinion

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Very surprised by Mitelstadt on the 3-on-0.

He usually notices those things, but you could see from the start he had blinders on.

He even placed his shot where they couldn't get a rebound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->