GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 27 • SF1: SWE (4) - USA (2) F

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Meh, isnt like all of Elias points on the PP? Fjällby has been better 5vs5, and I think his game brings more in this tourny (not in the future). I'm not just counting points bruh
Yes, and last time I checked, goals on the powerplay count the same. There is no question Fjallby is a good player that had a strong tournament, but if the coach thought he was the better guy to get the job done (scoring goals, I mean), it would have been Fjallby on the PP instead of Pettersson. It wasn't.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
ahaha bickering Canadian and US fans. I mean is there anymore truer example of brotherhood :)

You only really cheer against the ones you feel are a threat or in other words on the same level.

As a Canadian playing the US is always a nail biter. Same goes for playing Russia, Finland and Sweden or Czech Rep.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
ahaha bickering Canadian and US fans. I mean is there anymore truer example of brotherhood :)

You only really cheer against the ones you feel are a threat or in other words on the same level.

As a Canadian playing the US is always a nail biter. Same goes for playing Russia, Finland and Sweden or Czech Rep.

Not on small ice... 0-16

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Yes, and last time I checked, goals on the powerplay count the same. There is no question Fjallby is a good player that had a strong tournament, but if the coach thought he was the better guy to get the job done (scoring goals, I mean), it would have been Fjallby on the PP instead of Pettersson. It wasn't.

Well, Fjallby surprised a lot of people, I can tell you that but maybe he is one of these European players who will thrive playing in North America/NHL. He was was truly enjoying himself, the pace and the physical play, lifting himself to a much higher level when it matters the most, very gritty player, looking like a future winner to me.

Reactions: Merya

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The USA and Canada have a bigger rivalry. Its always a fast paced chipy game between the two teams and plus we want revenge for last years lost.
I'm a Canadian and I prefer the better team gets there and that is Sweden. We aren't there yet. We still have to win our game.

Reactions: storosten

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well, Fjallby surprised a lot of people, I can tell you that but maybe he is one of these European players who will thrive playing in North America/NHL. He was was truly enjoying himself, the pace and the physical play, lifting himself to a much higher level when it matters the most, very gritty player, looking like a future winner to me.
Hopefully he pans out in the NHL.

Reactions: 21

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
USA owned about 2/3 of the game but Gustavsson was amazing and we (Sweden) capitalized on almost all our chances, super efficient.

This is just wrong Sweden outworked, outlasted and outplayed the U.S today. There is no other way around it.

Mr Salming

Jan 4, 2018
I like the new boards even though my account since 2014 was terminated!

Great game from team Sweden unless you count the last 10 minutes.

Didn't like the flopping from team USA and the naive refs calling it a penalty every time. Must be tempting to dive when it gets you an PP every time.

We need better rebound-control and more possession against Canada in the final, but we go in to the final as solid underdogs.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I like the new boards even though my account since 2014 was terminated!

Great game from team Sweden unless you count the last 10 minutes.

Didn't like the flopping from team USA and the naive refs calling it a penalty every time. Must be tempting to dive when it gets you an PP every time.

We need better rebound-control and more possession against Canada in the final, but we go in to the final as solid underdogs.

Underdog? how so?

Heck, you don't even know who you are playing yet.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I really wish TSN would stop pushing this narrative of how great Carter Hart is.

He really hasn't proved anything here yet other then that it is a given he is our starter.
I mean he has been very good. Not exactly sure what you expect from the kid lol half the goals he has given up have been like double deflections. Not to mention that half his games he basically isn't facing any shots at all.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Ain't this great! As I envisioned, the Swedish tactical acumen and high skill combo was too much to the cool Yanks crushing them quite neatly in the third and it will lead the Swedes to the first WJC Gold since 2012. Canada (or the Czechs) will be just pushovers when the Fate lands her hand on the golden haired favour boys of Sverige.

Congrats, Team Sweden.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Ain't this great! As I envisioned, the Swedish tactical acumen and high skill combo was too much to the cool Yanks crushing them quite neatly in the third and it will lead the Swedes to the first WJC Gold since 2012. Canada (or the Czechs) will be just pushovers when the Fate lands her hand on the golden haired favour boys of Sverige.

Congrats, Team Sweden.
Did you just jinx Sweden :D?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->