GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 27 • SF1: SWE (4) - USA (2) F

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I guess so, Not sure if I would go with him .

They are winning with him so I guess ya gotta stay with him, I am assuming it is a short leash today though.

it better be a very short leash - hopefully Woll has enough confidence now beating Finland and Russia that all he needs to do is just make the saves he is supposed to make, doesn't need to be a hero

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Nylander and Pettersson need to be on tonight. Sweden could also use some good goaltending.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I think some US fans, at least in that other thread, are overconfident. Wouldn't surprise me to see Sweden take this one.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
it better be a very short leash - hopefully Woll has enough confidence now beating Finland and Russia that all he needs to do is just make the saves he is supposed to make, doesn't need to be a hero

He needs to have a game where he doesn't allow any soft goals. Which makes me nervous considering he's yet to do that (excluding Denmark).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Yep, that is about what he has to do, just not lose the game really.

I think after the burp against slovakia the american team has shown good resiliency and righted the ship quite well, I think they are the slight favourite going into todays game and am looking forward to watching it.

Hope it's highly entertaining as I feel the games so far in this tournament have not been up to the usual standard this tournament normally has.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think some US fans, at least in that other thread, are overconfident. Wouldn't surprise me to see Sweden take this one.

It would hardly be surprising at all. I think the key to American success will be in how they contain that very talented Swedish defense from activating on offense, they are really quite dangerous in that regard.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would be floored if Woll wasn't in the net today...

What do you think his ceiling is?

honestly, who knows with goalies. I thought Jack Campbell was the second coming of Christ...that was not the case. Woll can be an NHLer, has the size and athleticism to do so...just not going to say he "will" make it as many before have with better upside never did.

True ... I was just kidding ,,,, though with the Woll, Floor, Ceiling ... thing.

Reactions: Pouliot

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Will be a fun game to watch, Swedens Toptalent will be the decider, 6-3! Only concern is Swedens Goaltending,which are a weak spot for team Usa also!

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Yeah agreed. I said even after we won the outdoor game that Sweden was going to wax both of us anyway. Hoping for a pleasant surprise though. With Mitts and Bellows playing this dominant anything is possible I guess.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
honestly, who knows with goalies. I thought Jack Campbell was the second coming of Christ...that was not the case. Woll can be an NHLer, has the size and athleticism to do so...just not going to say he "will" make it as many before have with better upside never did.

I thought the same of Brian Finley, lol.

Goalies are voodoo, but Leafs scouts think he has starter potential.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Brown's a go per USAH twitter:

DSt8XqQWsAAOpJs.jpg:small

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad