2 Jake Bean - 6 Cal Foote
7 Cale Makar

31 Carter Hart
1 Colton Point​

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Would love to see the coach try some new lines. Not too much faith in Ducharme though.
Despite the loss yesterday, I think things are working pretty well with these lines, actually. Moving people around doesn't magically make things better. The more familiarity players have with one another, the better they should play together. Familiarity just takes some time.

Reactions: donghabs98

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Despite the loss yesterday, I think things are working pretty well with these lines, actually. Moving people around doesn't magically make things better. The more familiarity players have with one another, the better they should play together. Familiarity just takes some time.

He has not tried anything new at all though. And we have not been a dominant team at ES, especially if you consider the blown no-goal call on the first goal of the Finland game.

He should adapt to the circumstances a littl better IMO, and not just remain set in his ways.

Not that it will matter against Denmark.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I hope Makar gets promoted today at the expense of some of the banged up guys. His icetime continues to mystify me. I’ve watched every Canadian game, including pre-tournament, and he’s consistently looked like their most dangerous offensive weapon from the back end. Not to mention his clean zone exits (where Clague, Bean, etc. have struggled) and lack of glaring lapses in his own end.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I hope Makar gets promoted today at the expense of some of the banged up guys. His icetime continues to mystify me. I’ve watched every Canadian game, including pre-tournament, and he’s consistently looked like their most dangerous offensive weapon from the back end. Not to mention his clean zone exits (where Clague, Bean, etc. have struggled) and lack of glaring lapses in his own end.

It's like Sanheim all over again. Makar is the team's best player and he should be used as such.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I'm definitely with you guys on the Makar issue. Hey, let's secretly hatch a plan to bust him out!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Scratched their best goalie, too. I'm gonna make my prediction now.

Canada will win this game! You heard it here first. :sarcasm:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's like Sanheim all over again. Makar is the team's best player and he should be used as such.

It does remind me of Sanheim, though not as bad. The main thing I want from this game, from a Canadian perspective, is to see Makar displace someone in the top six at even strength. I am also curious to see how Fabbro skates now that they are back indoors.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I do not get the logic of not playing Colton Point in this game. Why is Carter Hart the default starter? Last year in the Gold Medal Game, and even yesterday against the Americans (including the Shootout)- when Canada needed Carter Hart to steal a win for them, he did not get it done. There were goals he let in, that he should not have in both games against the Americans.

Maybe i am being a little harsh or wrong- but i would have given Colton Point a shot yesterday and even today. If Point was outstanding, i would have even given him a look for the QF. Others might disagree, but these are just my thoughts.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I do not get the logic of not playing Colton Point in this game. Why is Carter Hart the default starter? Last year in the Gold Medal Game, and even yesterday against the Americans (including the Shootout)- when Canada needed Carter Hart to steal a win for them, he did not get it done. There were goals he let in, that he should not have in both games against the Americans.

Maybe i am being a little harsh or wrong- but i would have given Colton Point a shot yesterday and even today. If Point was outstanding, i would have even given him a look for the QF. Others might disagree, but these are just my thoughts.
I don't think any of the three goals yesterday were Harts fault. I thought he was solid. Also, Ducharme said Hart is starting today because the Quarters aren't until Tuesday so he's trying to keep Hart sharp

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver

Yep, I disagree. It doesn't really matter though as whomever got the start was barely going to get enough work to make this meaningful.

Reactions: Mehar

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think any of the three goals yesterday were Harts fault. I thought he was solid. Also, Ducharme said Hart is starting today because the Quarters aren't until Tuesday so he's trying to keep Hart sharp

Why not keep Colton Point sharp as well? Anything can happen in hockey, and it is good to keep both goalies sharp. I am not convinced that Hart is a lot better than Point. In fact, i think Point might be Canada's best option going forward the rest of the way. Hart did not come up big in last year's Gold Medal Game, and did not steal a win yesterday against the Americans as well.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Why not keep Colton Point sharp as well? Anything can happen in hockey, and it is good to keep both goalies sharp. I am not convinced that Hart is a lot better than Point. In fact, i think Point might be Canada's best option going forward the rest of the way. Hart did not come up big in last year's Gold Medal Game, and did not steal a win yesterday against the Americans as well.
He didn't steal a win but he probably stole us the point that will clinch first. We were badly outshot in that game. Maybe we put Point in for the next shootout, though. :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So if:

Finland beats USA
Canada beats Denmark
Slovakia beats Denmark
Sweden beats Russia

then it's Sweden vs USA in the 1/4 final

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I simply think Hart hasn't done anything to lose the starting job, and Point hasn't done anything to win the job (although he hasn't had the best chance to)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->