GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 12 • Group A: CAN (3) - USA (4) F/SO

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Every year including this one Canada has players on its team that are born raised and trained in the USA, I don't give a **** who their father was, the fact is they are in all intense and purposes American hockey players. When the US takes Canadian born players they are called traitors by Canadians but somehow it's okay for Canada to include 'traitors' on its roster. Interesting. But if anything indicated the impending demise of the Canadian hockey program is the fact you need to include USA hockey trained players on your team. :laugh:

Wrong

The vast majority of years in this tournament there have been zero players for Canada born and raised in the US.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Wrong

The vast majority of years in this tournament there have been zero players for Canada born and raised in the US.

Not over the past decade, there was even one year Canada had 5 US born players on it's roster. Of course hockey Canada lists the players supposed Canadian 'hometown' and not their birplace because they are embarrassed that they have to use American players on team Canada. :laugh:

BTW what was Chychrun's hometown listed as? Just a clue, Boca Raton isn't a suburb of Toronto. :laugh:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Not over the past decade, there was even one year Canada had 5 US born players on it's roster. Of course hockey Canada lists the players supposed Canadian 'hometown' and not their birplace because they are embarrassed that they have to use American players on team Canada. :laugh:

BTW what was Chychrun's hometown listed as? Just a clue, Boca Raton isn't a suburb of Toronto. :laugh:

Which year?

In 2017, 16, 15, 14 there were zero American born players so not sure where you are getting this BS of over the past decade from.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
I'm not wasting my time, if you think I'm wrong prove it. I can't name all the players of the top of my head but if you list all the team Canada players over the past 5 years, I'll point them out for you.
On behalf of all Canadians I want to thank you and all of America for being the key to the success of Canadian hockey. You guys are swell. :thumbu:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm not wasting my time, if you think I'm wrong prove it. I can't name all the players of the top of my head but if you list all the team Canada players over the past 5 years, I'll point them out for you.

What you made the claim I don't have to prove anything. All that stupid statement does is prove you are totally wrong. LOL

I already pointed out the years you are wrong on.

Last year there was zero American born and raised players on the team. Here is a link to the roster tell me who was born and raised in the States:

Rosters

Here is the year before that again who was born and raised in the US?

2016 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships rosters - Wikipedia

Here is the year before that, again list all those Americans we are leeching off you:

2015 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships rosters - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Future GOAT

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

This is stupid. I was born in Calgary but dont consider myself Calgarian since I haven't lived there since I was a kid. Toronto and Southern Ontario is what I consider home.

But yes, lets just list birthplaces now lol

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How about the other years? You won't because you know there will be US born players on there.

You said the past 5 or 6 years there has been at least 1 player. I just proved to you that in 3 of the last 4 year there were zero.

You already backed away proving because you knew you were wrong so now your answer is to whine about the fact I didn't do enough of your work fro you?

Bwahahahahahaha

I think I have proven more than enough that you are completely full of crap so if once again you can't produce a single thing to back-up your argument I think it is safe to leave it here as you being completely wrong.

2014 you get us with Rychel being born in California but developing for the most part in Ontario.

2013 oh oh another 0 fer for you:

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships rosters - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Every year including this one Canada has players on its team that are born raised and trained in the USA, I don't give a **** who their father was, the fact is they are in all intense and purposes American hockey players. When the US takes Canadian born players they are called traitors by Canadians but somehow it's okay for Canada to include 'traitors' on its roster. Interesting. But if anything indicated the impending demise of the Canadian hockey program is the fact you need to include USA hockey trained players on your team. :laugh:

The bolded is probably the most hilarious/awful argument I've seen on this website, and that's saying something.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
2014 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships rosters - Wikipedia

Kerby Rychel - Torrance, California, U.S.

2011 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships rosters - Wikipedia
Sean Couturier - Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.

Curtis Hamilton - Tacoma, Washington, USA

Marcus Foligno - Buffalo, New York, U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_World_Junior_Ice_Hockey_Championships_rosters

Is this seriously your response to "every team in the 5 or 6 years have had a born and raised player on it", "the majority of Canadian teams have US born and trained players in it" and "there was a team with 5 born and raised players on it"?

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010

You may not give "a f*** who their father was" but it makes them dual citizens. Free to choose in other words. My point is that the number of NHL and AHL teams in the USA offers a recruitment advantage over other countries. Hockey players go to the USA to play hockey (they are drafted) not necessarily because they choose to emigrate. It's an artificial situation.

You should do a little research and check out USA rosters at the U17, 18 and 20 levels over the last few years, throw in 2018 and 2019 prospects as well. How many of those players are duals or players that have played much of there hockey in Canada?

It is a problem going forward because of the overall effect it is having and going to have on international hockey. Are these players following their hearts, looking for the best deals or getting the most under the table? Who knows?

I love to call these folks traitors but only in the context of a friendly rivalry, it is their choice. If Norris and Brown want to suit up for the USA, I'm disappointed but it is their choice.

What does piss me off are people who disregard or devalue Canadian citizenship as not being legitimate or second rate in some way. Americans are born all over the world to American parents and they identify as Americans. Why is it so hard to appreciate the fact that Canadians could feel the same way?

Last edited:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
So Foote should only be allowed to play for the US then ?

He made a choice. I have no say in the matter. It is conceivable that Foote and his brother for that matter were brought up in a family that considered them Canadian even though born in the US.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
You may not give "a **** who their father was" but it makes them dual citizens. Free to choose in other words. My point is that the number of NHL and AHL teams in the USA offers a recruitment advantage over other countries. Hockey players go to the USA to play hockey (they are drafted) not necessarily because they choose to emigrate. It's an artificial situation.

You should do a little research and check out USA rosters at the U17, 18 and 20 levels over the last few years, throw in 2018 and 2019 prospects as well. How many of those players are duals or players that have played much of there hockey in Canada?

It is a problem going forward because of the overall effect it is having and going to have on international hockey. Are these players following their hearts, looking for the best deals or getting the most under the table? Who knows?

I love to call these folks traitors but only in the context of a friendly rivalry, it is their choice. If Norris and Brown want to suit up for the USA, I'm disappointed but it is their choice.

What does piss me off are people who disregard or devalue Canadian citizenship as not being legitimate or second rate in some way. Americans are born all over the world to American parents and they identify as Americans. Why is it so hard to appreciate the fact that Canadians could feel the same way?

Cal Foote and Jacob Chychrun are born and raised in the USA and learned their hockey here not Canada. If you think playing a couple of years in Canadian junior hockey all of the sudden makes them good Canadian boys you are delusional. They chose to play for Canada because they are opportunists. They'll go on to have careers playing in the USA will marry American women and raise a family in the only country they consider home.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Cal Foote and Jacob Chychrun are born and raised in the USA and learned their hockey here not Canada. If you think playing a couple of years in Canadian junior hockey all of the sudden makes them good Canadian boys you are delusional. They chose to play for Canada because they are opportunists. They'll go on to have careers playing in the USA will marry American women and raise a family in the only country they consider home.

Perhaps they will or perhaps they will both be traded to the Edmonton Oilers.

You know this how?

Enjoy the following from the failing NY Times lol. The Fathers Fought on the Ice. The Sons Are Roommates.

Jakob Chychrun - Wikipedia

Best friends Logan Brown, Jeff Chychrun follow in their fathers' footsteps

Sorry forgot to mention Bellows as well in one of my earlier posts.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I don't even see the US as the better team at all actually. I feel like this particular game wasn't indicative of anything. So far actually this game aside, Canada looks like the better team, and if I'm to pick a team out of the big 5 that is least likely to get a gold medal I think thats the US right now IMO given everything I've seen in this tournament so far from them and everyone else.
Sounds about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->