9 Rasmus Heine - 7 Jeppe Mogensen
2 Oliver Larsen

31 Kasper Krog
1 Emil Gransoe
30 Mads Soegaard

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Considering how bad Denmark looked against the US, if Finland can't put up atleast 7 goals, they may as well pack up and go home.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Considering how bad Denmark looked against the US, if Finland can't put up atleast 7 goals, they may as well pack up and go home.

Don't underestimate the Danes so much. They had a terrible game against the USA, just didn't catch the tempo from the opening minutes, allowed quick goals, and the game was over. But they certainly have their quality. Some Danish players are capable of playing much more focused game, than they featured against the USA.

Reactions: Trek

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finland needs to win this game.
If we lose again tonight relegation round is possible again.

Today win is only option.
Our leaders especially Heiskanen, Välimäki, Juolevi,Tolvanen and Kuokkanen must step up.
Losing this game is not allowed tonight. GO Finland.

Last edited:

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Finland needs to win this game.
If we lose again tonight relegation round is possible again.

Today win is only option.
Our leaders especially Heiskanen, Välimäki, Juolevi,Tolvanen and Kuokkanen must step up.
Losing this game is not allowed tonight. GO Finland.
The only way we lose is that team comes to play unrepared and arrogant, I really doubt that after the last WJC.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This games tells it all,...the score shows how well we do at these world juniors.
- it isnt just about the win

1-5 goals = not a chance in hell finishing in top 4
6-8 goals = the Canada game was just one bad game,
no worries, there's still a good chance
8-12 goals = Canada game?,what Canada game?. The Gold train is back on track

Double digit victory for our young lions.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
7-0 Finland.

Tolvanen x3, Heponiemi, Heiskanen, Räsänen, Kuokkanen

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
This games tells it all,...the score shows how well we do at these world juniors.
- it isnt just about the win

1-5 goals = not a chance in hell finishing in top 4
6-8 goals = the Canada game was just one bad game,
no worries, there's still a good chance
8-12 goals = Canada game?,what Canada game?. The Gold train is back on track

Double digit victory for our young lions.
Am I missing something? We lost to Canada (the top 2 team in this tournament) and it was as close as it could get to only be a 1 goal loss (talking about that 3rd line declined goal). We didn't play good and Canada scored 1 goal that shouldn't have counted, yet it was still relatively a close game: you've already lost your hope if we don't manage to completely dominate Denmark? K.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
These so called "easy" games have always been not sot good for Finland. You'd think and hope they would destroy Denmark like 7-0 but in the end we're watching a boxscore of 5-1 or something. Statement is needed from this young Finnish team.

Denmark can't be underestimated, but anything less than a 3-4+ goal win from Finland is a disappointment.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
These so called "easy" games have always been not sot good for Finland. You'd think and hope they would destroy Denmark like 7-0 but in the end we're watching a boxscore of 5-1 or something. Statement is needed from this young Finnish team.

Denmark can't be underestimated, but anything less than a 3-4+ goal win from Finland is a disappointment.
It's not like 5-1 would be bad.

Personally, I'm afraid we're going to be seeing some attitude problems and a win along the lines of 3-1 or 4-2. I really don't have a good vibe regarding this team judging by the first match.

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
We must win at least 5-0 or i'm very disappointed. Our 4th line is more skillful than their 1st line so what you can expect? No excuses anything under 5-0. They are way too trash. If Tolvanen doesn't create his own offense at this game i'm really disappointed.

Reactions: illone84

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I am confident that boys will play a dominant game. I'm especially looking for the PP to start clicking.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
As long as they play confident and good hockey we'll win. And I couldn't care less about the score as long as they play as a team, are brave enough to hold the puck if needed and have fun together. We have the players to win this tournament, we just need them to form a team. Chemistry and trusting each other plays a HUGE part in short tournaments.

Reactions: Tuntrui and Jaska

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
It's not like 5-1 would be bad.
Yup, that's like "we scored a bunch but could've been better". Development ends with being contended.

The reality is, with a loss in the first one they can't really have off games anymore. This game needs to be the start of building something great. So a lot of goals and successful plays is what needs to be expected. This team is way better than that Canada game showed.

frodo timberlake

Sep 18, 2017
I love Denmark, I'm moving there next January, but they're getting smushed like a wet rag tonight. Vesalainen will bully anyone in front of him, Tolvanen scores a hat trick.

So what if I'm wrong, this is the attitude going in

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I don't care at all, even if we win by 'only' 1. Just get the maximum points possible. The next games after this one are the important ones.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
This will be a hard fought win when all is said and done. As I have done some family history studies during the Xmas time now I have come to realize there is some Danish-Swedish blood indeed running through my veins, so, no doubt, I do have some tolerance for and even welcome the idea the Danes give the Finska pojkarna run for their money - if only the latter ones come out as the winners when the ice dust settles again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad