WC: 2018 WHC: Denmark - The Heroes are Coming (General, Tickets, Accommodation, Cities..)

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
With 2017 tournament out, 2018 groups are now out! The number after the team is team's seeding number.

Group A (Herning)

• Russia (2)
  • Sweden (3)
  • Czech Republic (6)
  • Switzerland (7)
  • Belarus (10)
  • Slovakia (11)
  • Denmark (14)
  • Austria (16)

Group B (Copenhagen)
  • Canada (1)
  • Finland (4)
  • United States (5)
  • Germany (8)
  • Norway (9)
  • Latvia (12)
  • France (13)
  • South Korea (21)

Some ticket info here!

6th May 2017 9:00:
Limited quantities of the following packages go on sale:
"Follow Your Team SWE¨ packages
"Follow Your Team DEN" packages (SOLD OUT!)
Group packages, preliminary round
Final round packages
Event pass packages​

1st September 2017:
Day packages for the preliminary round and "Follow Your Team¨ packages for the remaining 14 nations go on sale.
3rd November 2017:
Day packages for the final round games go on sale.
2018:
Single game tickets for games not yet sold out go on sale.
Pricing
"Follow Your Team":
Ticket package including 7 group games from DKK 895 to DKK 3,390.
Group packages, preliminary round:
Ticket package including 28 games from DKK 3,650 to DKK 13,375.
Final round packages:
Ticket package including 6 games from DKK 2,610 to DKK 7,860.
Event passes:
Ticket package including 30 or 34 games from DKK 3,900 to DKK 19,100.
Day packages:
Ticket package including 2 - 3 games from DKK 150 to DKK 3,315.
Single game tickets from DKK 69 to DKK 2,235.​

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
With 2017 tournament out, 2018 groups are now out! The number after the team is team's seeding number.

Group A (Herning)

• Russia (2)
  • Sweden (3)
  • Czech Republic (6)
  • Switzerland (7)
  • Belarus (10)
  • Slovakia (11)
  • Denmark (14)
  • Austria (16)

Group B (Copenhagen)
  • Canada (1)
  • Finland (4)
  • United States (5)
  • Germany (8)
  • Norway (9)
  • Latvia (12)
  • France (13)
  • South Korea (21)

I would imagine the Danish Icehockey association uses its rights to switch Denmark with France, making your group in Copenhagen move to Herning instead. It would make sense to have Sweden, Russia, Czechs and Slovaks in Copenhagen because of the demand for hotelrooms. It would also make sense to have Germany in Herning as it is only 3 hgours from the Denmark/Germany border. With an (hopefully) almost best Danish roster, the difference in groups will not matter in our chance to reach quarterfinals.

Surprisingly in a very positive note that the Danish games packages are already sold out. I didnt expect that so fast. Also reasonable priced games as low as 8 USD for a game will attract more people that might not have had the opportunity.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I would imagine the Danish Icehockey association uses its rights to switch Denmark with France, making your group in Copenhagen move to Herning instead. It would make sense to have Sweden, Russia, Czechs and Slovaks in Copenhagen because of the demand for hotelrooms.

Yes, surely Sweden should play in Copenhagen and not in Jylland - I'm afraid Finland might get shifted to Herning in order to have Sweden playing next to Malmö...

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Yes, surely Sweden should play in Copenhagen and not in Jylland - I'm afraid Finland might get shifted to Herning in order to have Sweden playing next to Malmö...

Do we know when they officially announce the final groups ? (if they switch one or two teams)

Cloud be interesting before buying tickets :sarcasm::laugh:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Pricing
"Follow Your Team":
Ticket package including 7 group games from DKK 895 to DKK 3,390.
Group packages, preliminary round:
Ticket package including 28 games from DKK 3,650 to DKK 13,375.
Final round packages:
Ticket package including 6 games from DKK 2,610 to DKK 7,860.
Event passes:
Ticket package including 30 or 34 games from DKK 3,900 to DKK 19,100.
Day packages:
Ticket package including 2 - 3 games from DKK 150 to DKK 3,315.
Single game tickets from DKK 69 to DKK 2,235.​

Wow that is really cheap tickets. Makes you think that they have learnt from the mistakes other host-countries have made.
Of course you would expect that the cheapest tickets are for the "least-interesting" games, but still - to me - it is a smart move to secure a lot of attendance to most games.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I believe the host country can only move themselves. Not their entire bracket

But if they move themselfs wouldnt that mean that the entire bracket is moved automatically? ;)

The Danish association has already stated that Denmark will play in Herning.

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
Ah yes - I even forgot that I wrote on the opening post (I think I did anyway) that Sweden is expected to play in CPH - due to distance to Malmö, and it would place Denmark to Herning.

Or then I may have just imagined it. But obviously as I made the group post, those two locations were determined already.

I am so excited to see group of Herning - it seems something of a personal dream group for me. Glad I'll get to see South Korea playing. Ultimately I was torn between Finland and Denmark - however, this has made it no-brainer.

I have a friend living in Holstebro, which is about 30 minutes away, and already have confirmed myself a place on a couch. Hooray!

BTW: Regarding "Follow your team", I think those packages only had 3 or 4 sections open, so there's a lot more to be sold still, but obviously it tells a lot that they're already gone!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Cant wait to see ice in Jyske bank boxen and moreso the brand spanking new Royal arena.

Gonna watch all Denmark and Canadas games live if they dont play at the same time.

Also, will be fun to follow South Korea.

16169972-royal-arena.jpg

Looks gorgeous imo, and its situated in a new modern, funky neighbourhood.

Royal Arena with ice (rendition)
cph-arena-03.jpg

There are alot of good new hotels right in the vicinity.

I can reccommend Bella Sky, which is 5 mins from the Arena and has a great skybar with awesome views.
Not cheap tho. There are cheaper hotels like Cabinn and such in the area and a bunch more in inner Copenhagen.
hotel-bella-sky-comwell-copenhague-000.jpg

Jyske Bank boxen is not as visually pleasing on the outside imo.
Jyske_Bank_Boxen1_MCH_Tony_Br%C3%B8chner_660.ashx

But she is very capable of hosting large events and has done so many times. This is from Handball European Championships a few years back.
getimage.ashx

Expect this to happen when Denmarks gets a win.

I am a Canadian citizen living in Denmark for the last decade, so if you have any questions about anything just ask or PM me.
Altho my knowledge of the Herning Area is very small, I am very capable in the do's and dont's of Copenhagen.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ticket prices look nice. The Russia group looks extremely boring though. I would like to have Canada, USA and/or Finland and they are all in the other group. Looks like I might consider only the final stage.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Last edited:

Jeb99

Apr 26, 2014
Jönköping
Just got tickets for next year's whc in Denmark! (Ah yeah baby!)

As Sweden play in cph my stay will be there.

Where can I find the best pölse in Copenhagen?
Is there any sports bars or typical hockey bars to visit? I got day tickets and planning to go and maybe see a game of the Herning group too.

How much is the beer in Denmark?*
If anyone Could explain how the public transportation works there too that would be much appreciated.*I will be staying in malmo and wondering if there is a good idea to stop at the airport train station and get a bus/walk to royal? I have been to Copenhagen many times before but only took the s-tog and never been to amager.

Is it easy to go back to Malmo at night times? From cph H or amager?

Thanks. And see you in Copenhagen!

oksun

Jan 2, 2013
Just got tickets for next year's whc in Denmark! (Ah yeah baby!)

As Sweden play in cph my stay will be there.

Where can I find the best pölse in Copenhagen?
Is there any sports bars or typical hockey bars to visit? I got day tickets and planning to go and maybe see a game of the Herning group too.

How much is the beer in Denmark?*
If anyone Could explain how the public transportation works there too that would be much appreciated.*I will be staying in malmo and wondering if there is a good idea to stop at the airport train station and get a bus/walk to royal? I have been to Copenhagen many times before but only took the s-tog and never been to amager.

Is it easy to go back to Malmo at night times? From cph H or amager?

Thanks. And see you in Copenhagen!

U can take the train from Malmø, just get of at the second station after airport, Ørestad

Last edited:

oksun

Jan 2, 2013
There's allready been sold 75000 tickets to the WC in Denmark, at the end of Sep. last year to WC 2017 only was sold 68000 tickets

oksun

Jan 2, 2013
Only 5% of the tickets left for all Denmarks games in Herning for the WC 2018
USA - Canada and Denmark - Germany sold out both of them, May 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->