U18: 2018 WC - Sweden

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Thoughts on team SWE for the upcoming U18 WC?

Hållander - Olofsson - Grewe
Berggren - Gustafsson - Wernblom
Westfält - Bäck - Eriksson
Fagemo - Nässén - Jacobsson
Karlberg

Dahlin - Johansson
Sandin - Boqvist
Ginning - Lundkvist
Andersson

Lindbom
Myrenberg

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Nils Höglander is an absolute lock for this team. I would also like to see Viktor Söderström and Simon Holmström get a look at the upcoming 5-nations tournament.

And yeah, that defense...

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Looks pretty good to me. Cool to see Nikola Pasic get a shot. Not sure what they see in Linus Nässén though. Where is Albin Eriksson? Would be cool to see Marcus Karlberg in a tournament like this too.

Does CHL not release players for this tournament? I guess not eh?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Looks pretty good to me. Cool to see Nikola Pasic get a shot. Not sure what they see in Linus Nässén though. Where is Albin Eriksson? Would be cool to see Marcus Karlberg in a tournament like this too.

Does CHL not release players for this tournament? I guess not eh?

Nässén is a strange one. Seen him quite a few times in J20 and he's never stood out in any way. He just keeps getting selected for the national teams but is often used as the 13th forward.

Eriksson is too much of a big goal scorer, we don't like those :nod:

Reactions: rickardr and Zaddy

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
No love for this wonderkind? - Alexander Holtz
He have to be better than the other guys on the team if he should be in it. Seen him a few times against older guys and im not that high on him actually. Needs to improve his skating.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Nässén is a strange one. Seen him quite a few times in J20 and he's never stood out in any way. He just keeps getting selected for the national teams but is often used as the 13th forward.

Eriksson is too much of a big goal scorer, we don't like those :nod:
Could change him for Fagemo any day.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Nils Höglander is an absolute lock for this team. I would also like to see Viktor Söderström and Simon Holmström get a look at the upcoming 5-nations tournament.

And yeah, that defense...
Wa already have Boqvist, Andersson, Lundmark, & Lundkvist.. There is no room for Söderström in my op

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Holmström is tearing up J20 at the moment, leads the top-10 division in scoring. Strong and explosive kid with skill. Would be a big mistake not to bring him, he can play anywhere in the lineup.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Probably a wise decision by Dahlin.

Good team but I'm not a fan of the forward selections. They went with the "safe" options as usual, left out some skill.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Probably a wise decision by Dahlin.

Good team but I'm not a fan of the forward selections. They went with the "safe" options as usual, left out some skill.
Agreed. If he mess up he risk his position in the draft

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Maybe, but still this was the only time he could have won a wj18 gold, that chance will never came back, and probably the last junior tournament he could have play at all, since he will probably be playing in NHL next season and they do not let their players go to international tournaments like all other leagues does.

This ofc affect our chances, others have to step up now instead. But the 00 generation won u17 without Dahlin so it is possible.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why no Soderstrom and Holmstrom? It would be one thing if they weren't going to take younger players, but Grewe, Bjornfot and Wallstedt are all there. If Wallstedt is included, why not Holtz and Raymond?

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad