World Cup: 2018 WC Qualifiers Part II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lord Bendtner is a real weapon off the bench. Glad we'll have him to join Ronaldo and Messi at the WC.

Reactions: cgf

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wait the rumors of the US hosting the "NIT World Cup" are legit? FS1 during halftime of the US game reported that discussions are underway lol

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So with the dust settled I think I'll be backing Senegal, Egypt, Japan, and Iceland.

-I'm really curious to see Senegal at the WM. Sarr, Keita & Mane is just an insane front three and there's some nifty midfield-options between them & Koulibaly
-How Iran does will be interesting
-I'm curious to see how many of Poland's exciting youth can crack the team behind Lewandowski
-And Colombia is my SA team, despite what a POS Cardona (and others in that lineup) may be

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That has to be a joke, right? RIGHT???

lol the sad part is as much of a joke as it is, a ton of people WOULD watch it with the US, Italy and other big name teams in it. And all the teams in it clearly have something to gain although it's less imperative for the European nations given qualifying for EURO 2020 is coming up soon enough.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd watch a NIT World Cup...especially since the Netherlands are starting to hit their stride a little bit.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Super impressive Denmark! :)

I'm a Swede but I've had many Danish soccer favorites during years. Elkjaer (probably my personal nr 1), Laudrup, Arnesen, Morten Olsen, Schmeichel, Mölby and more...

Sweden and Denmark should plan a couple of games before World Cup

Usually Denmark (but not always) is the country from the Nordic countries playing the most attractive soccer, I guess the climate helps a little bit comparing to other Nordic countries. Sweden is up and down (we have a had some great teams during the years) and Norway usually less attractive soccer, similar style to Sweden but worse. Iceland something between Sweden and Norway, great fighting spirit. Finland is still hopeless but should be able to improve.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Don’t be out here taking about humiliation. You soiled your pants and began pouting at 0-1.

Lol, what the hell has that got to do with anything? - I wasnt pouting, I wrote what I thought at the moment, because I thought Ireland would clamp down the defense after going ahead. And because im a bit of an anti-jinxer. It's basically like a gameday thread, and is very momentary.

I soiled my pants, like any fan does when it doesnt go like it should - It was a humiliating loss for Ireland no if's, and or but's about it :)

No need to be an ass buddy :D

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I would assume such a mini-tournament would take place after the end of the club season, so I don't think the clubs would care too much or even be able to do much about it. That only becomes an issue when games occur during the season (such as the Olympic tournament for example) There's a bunch of friendlies in the time frame between the end of the season and the World Cup anyway.

Regarding Ireland..they've had a horseshoe up their a**es for a while now and were probably due to get demolished at some point. Half the squad is just not up to scratch to compete at that level.

I am by the way quite convinced England will win or get very close to winning one of the next 3 World Cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad