World Cup: 2018 WC Qualifiers Part II

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
First World Cup since 1958 that'll be held without Italy as part of it. Some good nations dnq this year such as the USA, Cameroon, Netherlands and now Italy.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
What Italy/Australia?
Is that what you're talking about?

First, I didn't talk about the final, I talked about Italy cheating their way out of Australia. That's a fact. Maybe they would have won in OT, maybe not. Tough to say.
As for the final, i'll repeat the game was tight and clearly no team was better than the other. 10 player shot a penalty, 9 scored, one hit the post (and probably the best shooter on the pitch in fact). That's life. but to say the better team won is laughable. At no moment in the game did Italy dominate the match.

Cheating their way...playing 40 mins short a man in that particular match and giving only 2 goals up the entire tournament, an own goal and a penalty. Buy yes, we cheated :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What is it you don't understand?
Italy cheated on a dive to get a ridiculous penalty against Australia in the dying moments of the game.
Didn't say you didn't deserve to beat the rest.

Reactions: All Might

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
What is it you don't understand?
Italy cheated on a dive to get a ridiculous penalty against Australia in the dying moments of the game.
Didn't say you didn't deserve to beat the rest.

you don't try a tackle in that situation sorry, i've seen worst things on a pitch. Try to get over it!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
you don't try a tackle in that situation sorry, i've seen worst things on a pitch. Try to get over it!
Of course I've seen worse. Doesn't make it a good call. It was a beyond terrible call that eliminated Australia. Italian player dived, got what he wanted, which was to cheat the ref. I'm sure you felt good about it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Keep the good company :laugh:
That's not 2 handballs back two back. That's a handball, period.
It didn't alter the winner and loser, it altered a draw.

So tell me it's worse than Holland/Spain WC final?
Or Sevilla 82 WC semi?
Or 90 WC final?
Heck, or even Denmark/Brazil in 02?
Italy/Australia in 06?

But, SURE that PLAYOFF handball in a tied game was CLEARLY the worst call ever :biglaugh:

Yeah, there definitely was 2 handballs... he accidentally hit with his hand then he controlled with his hand.

Who said anything about CLEARLY anything. I said probably the worst I call I ever seen. As usually you are unable to understand what I wrote or totally disregard what I said can make up shit as you go. We are all really impressed with those laughing emoticons.

Wait how could I forget... for an argentinian supporter...

How does that Henry handball beat Maradona's hand of god? Seriously?

Henry was more evident plus 2 vs 1. Maradona was a terrible call as well. Just in case you want to make up any biased opinions.

I actually like Henry and couldn't care less about the France nor Ireland.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well you are talking about a game in which Holland should have had at least 2 red cards...Give those and the Robben play probably doesn't happen.

But believe me as a referee I just can't defend the embarassing game that Webb had that day, just a total disgrace. And the Puyol play is another one of the major major undefendable mistake he made, well mistake= coward.

I don't disagree. Doesn't change how upset I was at how it went down. The other calls were maybe accumulation or calls that were just because the game was getting out of control. The Puyol non-call was a play that directly affected a goal scoring chance. I think Webb had a bad game but I also don't think it was made easy with a lot of the diving by the Spaniards either and how every time anything happened both teams were constantly surrounding him. It was a circus game.

Anyone thinking Denmark could win it convincingly today?

Yes. I actually really like Denmark's team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like Italia, but LOL at them. Geez they need to produce some more offencive pieces, their goals ran drain, but it's not like Sweden will go far either.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well deserved. Got nothing against Ireland, but Denmark are just a much better team. Really hope they go through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad